Feel very weak shaky and no energy

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

The last 5 weeks have been torture i feel extremely weak and hungry like feeling most time , although i do eat as much as i can and i snack alot to avoid it . its like a sudden drop of energy or sugar , my brain becomes very foggy and cant focus . worse when i skip a meal and even if i eat i sometimes get worse!

i cant cope any longer really need help .. had bloods they all normal and not diabetic . one doc said maybe gastritis but not sure ! what can i do docs are clueless and they just want to give antidepressants i feel . I am stressed alot but doubt its depression ! worried something serious going on and no one knows . Beside its scary to feel you going pass out for about quarter of the day daily

its affecting my life and children i am only 36!!

anyone similar?!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Edited

Hey Zeeena. Im 38 years old...I use to have sugar drops all the time and that's what it sounds like to me. I could be wrong but sounds alot like what I had. It was especially bad around hormone changes and menstrual cycles. Id first get a little headache, feel aggravated, then I'd start shaking, and then I'd have to eat something to shoot my sugar back up. Even got to the point where id start sweating and crying. Then I'd want to eat EVERYTHING! Cinnamon levels out blood sugar. I'd eat some everyday to see if it helped. Funny thing is I went to the doctor too to rule out diabetes and they tried to put me on antidepressants when my test came back normal!! I told him absolutely not!! Anyway, I finally had to do away with most the sugar in my life..not all but most. Heres why..when you eat sugar, bread, pasta, candy etc..it shoots your sugar way too high and drops you super low..too low. If you do eat sugar make sure you eat it with a protein. Never by itself. So I try to stick to a paleo diet to keep my blood sugar level. I did keto diet too and never had 1 sugar drop. Another thing it could be is thyroid. I'd get blood work to check it out. Hope this helped!

• Posted

Thanks for your input . I do feel its sugar but got told its hard when you not diabetic unless not eating for days, not hours!!! shocking! Also my thyroid is 1.56 , within normal levels too . I do feel to help reduce it i need to be eating non stop ! A dilemaaaa not sure what else to do

• Edited

Hi,

I had something similar, the weakness and fogginess and unable to concentrate. It could well be that you react to sugar and it has nothing to do with diabetes. Find alternatives and see if things change. Doctors are clueless so do your own research. Careful with sweeteners as some are not good. Check labels as there seems to be sugar in EVERYTHING!

If nothing changes then stop dairy. It's a process of elimination. Gluten next!

Keep an eye on your fruit intake. Bananas OK. I react badly to all berries!

Hope that helps

Lea x

• Posted

hi

it could be true . I will keep an eye. I did intermittent fasting the month before and works on lowering insulin levels. When i stopped it i felt symptoms came about . Could be a coincidence all i know i am suffering like i am going pass out daily if i eat or dnt eat i get weak and brain fog .

• Edited

Hi zeena34610

Do you take vitamins and minerals. In particular VitB12, Folic Acid, VitC, VitD and Magnesium. I had similar symptoms to you then began taking the above but have B12 via injection. Have you had all your vits and minerals checked by blood test. A routine blood test will not include the above they have to be specifically ordered by your doctor. Low B12 and folic can cause brain fog and lack of energy.....low VitD Vit C causes gut problems....low magnesium causes anxiety symptoms...get them all checked..Tell doc your entitled to a second opinion via these particular blood tests...

• Posted

hi

i will have some

more bloods soon which will inc vit d ferritin and folic acid . my b12 is on the lower end of normal but i got all the symptoms of it strange ! My magnesium potassium is normal . lets see whats happening after new bloods . its hard to keep going back to request diff bloods luckily he agreed to do some more .

Atm the suspect is my stomache ans gut.

i keep buying vitamins and stop using bec i feel bad always cant tell very confused.

• Edited

Hi zeena34610

If your B12 is low then start taking B12 supplements. You need to build it back up if it gets too low you will get pernicious anaemia which can be very dangerous...

• Posted

hi

its on the lower end of normal so 275 and my lab is 197-750 is normal . But i tell you i have all symptoms of it for yrsssss and realised some ppl can get symptoms if under 350 even if low. Going take and see if any help .

• Edited

Hi zeena34610

Under 55yrs of age B12 levels should be 300-500......over 55 yrs B12 levels should be 500-900. Your levels are low!! Start taking B12 asap especially if you have the symptoms. Don't delay start taking a good B12 supplement from H & B or pharmacy you will notice a difference within 3-6 weeks if not sooner also get some Vit D supplements aswell.....

• Posted

Hi zeena

Forgot to mention also you cannot overdose on B12 as it is water soluble and comes away from the body on urination. There are also B12 patches you can buy online from Am.......can't name companies on the forum.....

• Posted

Can you believe the gp said its normal ! i told him i feel symptoms he said if u want take supplements! I wasnt aware of that thanks alot for letting me know! i thought i am been crazy or extra! it could be that then and i dont know.

• Edited

Hi zeena

The only way to find out is to take the B12 supplements. Do it as soon as you can plus VitD. You should feel a difference within 2-3 weeks and a lot better by 6 weeks....if it is the low B12 that is causing your symptoms. I my opinion i am sure it is now i have seen your B12 levels.....continue taking them as i said you can't overdose on B12. Your B12 gets low because of diet, you get B12 from dairy, meat, cheese, eggs. That's why vegetarians have low B12 so they take supplements as they do not eat B12 foods such as dairy and meat in their diet.....keep us posted..let us know how your getting on with the B12 and Vit D supplements....give it a little while for your body to absorb it.👍😊

• Posted

yes just took one now and will post any updates soon here . Thursday testing my vid D and if anything will supplement it too . I really hope its that because i am suffering . thanks

• Edited

Was your thyroid checked and did you ever have an endoscopy to look for gastritis?

• Posted

yes thyroid was normal but never had anything to rule out gastiritis. i had stomache bacteria not long ago and some antiacids which calmed things tiny but will test for it next week . This can cause gastiritis. After this will see what the next steps will be.

• Edited

Was the stomach bacteria h pylori? This infection can cause gastritis.

• Posted

yes that was the one and took treatment and gp didnt do rested . i had to request it incase!

• Edited

Your GP should have retested you without you asking because it can come back and they know this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.