Feel worse in afternoon/evening

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I am almost 4 weeks at 20 mg. Most of the information I’ve seen indicates that at this point I should be feeling worse in the morning and better in the afternoon and evening. While I don’t feel well until I actually get up, I seem to manage okay until the afternoon. Then I struggle during the afternoon and by the evening I’m anxious. Has anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tracey,

That sounds good actually.  My days were bad until about week 9.  I got terrible anxiety, which I still can’t get rid of all day long.

• Posted

Hi Tracey, everyone is different. I do know a man that experienced the same thing you are. You are still early on in this process. Do you work? What do you do in the evenings?
    • Posted

Hi Laurie.

I haven’t worked since the anxiety started mid-December. I had a decent day. Stripped the bed, did laundry and some other chores - felt a little spacey, but was able to push through until about 1 pm. Then it becomes harder, I’m tired and want to nap, but I can’t. I putter as long as I can... I managed to cook some, watched some TV... read Prozac info on my phone.  I made myself stay up until 5 pm (I’m pacific time). Now I’m in bed watching TV waiting for it to get late enough to go to sleep. 

I am hoping to go back to work in a couple of weeks. I can work from home for awhile. I see the doc tomorrow morning and I’m praying that I’m a good dosage and that the end of the month will bring me something more normal.

• Posted

You are doing great by keeping busy. I can't nap anymore either. Some days my anxiety can get worse in the evening if I'm feeling over stimulated, stressed or tired. Try and give yourself patience and understanding. This is a slow med to get settled in the system but when it does it's great. Hold on hon, it will get better.  ??👍💪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.