Feeling a bit rubbish nearly 2 weeks after increase to 45mg. Should I persevere?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started on 30mg about 12 weeks ago, stayed on 30mg for 10 weeks and then upped to 45mg as I was still feeling a bit iffy. I'm now 12days into increase and haven't really felt much better. Too soon to tell?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

To early rachael at least 6-8 weeks before will notice... it took me seven weeks to go from 15 to 30 and I did feel I initially worse before I noticed an improvement.
  • Posted

It just seems so long! considering I started mirtazapine like nearly 12 weeks ago! It's just hellish to wait so long to feel even 'normal' I knew that starting all together can take 6-8weeks hence why I stuck out 30mg until 10weeks but it just seems so unfair that I still feel so rubbish after nearly 2 weeks at 45mg rolleyes ahh this anxiety and depression sucks. I feel total empathy for anyone that suffers xx
  • Posted

Ano it's bloody awful... I was started on 15 at the start of Jan for 5 weeks then upped to 30 but for four weeks had bad side effects sweating... anger and tearfulness and low mood... now seven weeks on no side effects and have to say feeling pretty good...
  • Posted

I had the anger with the start up of 30 too. I literally couldn't even stand my husbands breathing! lol I started taking b complex, evening primrose and B6 vitamins to combat irritability and I believe it has helped. I was so angry before, like rage about small things. I'm currently suffering from tearfulness, I went to church for a mothers day service with my mum on Sunday..and I just wanted to cry all through it! very odd! lol Glad you're feeling pretty good. I seem to be good and then go bad again... hoping to become stable on the 45mg once it's all in my system properly! xx
  • Posted

I was totally the same but now seemed to have evened out probably if u can cope with the next four weeks u shld start to feel better....
  • Posted

I know nothing other than to cope!... I've coped this far...so I'm sure I can cope another few weeks! Really looking forward to the day I can wake up and feel calm xx
  • Posted

Hi I have been on Mirizapine (30mg) for the past 3 months

Yes my sleeping has improved ..thinking of going to the quakes to up my doses though

• Posted

Been on 15mg for 4 weeks now and was seeing an improvement every day, even going on a 5 mile walk on mothers day. But today and yesterday anxiety has increased and have only slept a couple of hours. Do you think I should increase my dose as family could see a vast improvement and I was feeling myself again. Don't won't to go back to square one or worry about this set back as this will only increase my anxiety
  • Posted

Hey, I was on 30mg for 19weeks before upping.30mg did improve me but just found I was still a bit up and down. Upping to 45mg was the best decision I made. Much calmer and lifting. Dont get me wrong I still have my moments but that's something I have to work on myself xx
  • Posted

I meant 10weeks at 30mg and have been on 45mg for 3weeks now xx
  • Posted

Did upping the dose effect your sleeping. Was on these 20 years ago and made a full recovery so I know they work . 20 years of no anxiety and now the thing as returned out of the blue. Was taking them for PMT, must be a hormone thing because under active thyroid is playing up and resulted in anxiety

• Posted

No it didn't. First night was a bit harder to get to sleep but that was because taking it made me anxious. I'm 3 weeks into 45mg and not had a bad nights sleep since. My anxiety was as a result of insomnia...and for some reason once my sleep was better the anxiety in the day remained...just couldn't shake it! Starting to feel much better on 45mg dose now xx
  • Posted

Thanks rachael

probably ask to increase to 30mg . Felt great these last two 2 weeks my normal self, redecorated the whole house one week but yesterday and today I don't feel right, heightened anxiety, headache and feeling sick. Sleeping is one of my problems thats why I asked about it. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.