Feeling a little worthless what should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been depressed since March it's like I been going in and out when ever i find myself not doing something i said i was gone do to make myself sucessful i get upset and depressed it's all because I have two kids that I have to fend for and it makes me disgusted to not have something to defend for my kids it makes feel but I dunno if it's getting better or we see in anxiety starting kick in what should i do ?btw i stay with my mom in a few of you females parents know how that can be??😷😧??and I'm 19years old.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sorry that depression is weighing you down and yes I'm sure being young and being a single parent is not easy! May I ask if anything happened in March? Diane

• Posted

Your post, to me, was very difficult to understand...not meaning to criticize, but have no idea what you are meaning by 'having to fend for your kids' or to 'defend' them... Truthfully, I am glad you have someone to stay with.....It sounds to me like you really and truly need to make an appt. to see a therapist.... Talk with your doctor, u need to, and ask him to recommend someone...

• Posted

Hi again it's Diane and I hope you keep writing to us! I am sure that it was very difficult to be so young and write to us. Good for you!! I thought that you were as clear as you could be😊. Have you thought about calling a doctor to get an appointment and maybe trying some meds. Please keep writing in so we know how you are doing. Diane

• Posted

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are feeling depressed.

You have come to the right place.

I can understand how you are feeling. I too was a young mother who had to raise two children alone, I had to leave an abusive marriage.

Looking back to that time (25 years ago) it was the hardest thing I had ever done. It was also the best thing for the children. They needed the stability and discipline I could give them.

Anyhow enough about that. 

Seek help from your Doctor. He/she can help not only with the depression but also point you in the right direction to get other help from social agencies to continue with your education (if you choose) or in seeking a job.

Don't be too hard on yourself ! You are young. 

Best wishes !  Never give up !  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.