Feeling achy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey

I had my back wall and pelvic floor repaired 12 days ago.. I'm starting to feel a lot better now but today I've been feeling a lot of pressure on my wound!

I'm not very good at explaining so bear with me haha

It's like something is pushing on my stitches so I need to sit back down ? Or like when you have period pains and your bits are achy and can't stand for too long?

Also my stitches have a weird smell does anyone else have this?

I don't know whether to just go and see a doctor, but I don't really don't want to be proded again at the moment, as I am still healing 😫

Thank you

Salena xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Salena

I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and still feel achy and full, particularly when I have done a bit too much. For me it's a sign to get off my feel and horizontal with my book for a bit.

I think I got to about day 12 too and noticed a 'different' odour.

I was very reassured by the lovely ladies on this forum, that this is totally normal and part of the recovery process.

Day 12 is still very early to expect to be pain/discomfort free and the odour is most likely due to stitches starting to dissolve. You should get this checked by your GP though if you have other symptoms that might suggest infection.

Be patient. That's what I have learned to be.

Best wishes

Helen

• Posted

I am day 16 post op. At first I had no pain whatsoever, I even questioned it they had done the repair. Day 8 I was admitted back to hospital with wound infection and from then on have felt like you. Can only stand for short periods and have slight discharge but not smelly at the moment. I feel bloated a lot too.

• Posted

There's been a lot if discussion in the last 2 days about the smell. You'll easily find those posts on the forum but it's perfectly normal so are the symptoms you describe. Again I've mentioned about the discomfort and pain getting worse in the first 6 weeks as the sutures knit together. 

• Posted

Thank you

Yes it is still very early wink I'm not really I any pain it's just more achy I have been good at taking meds when needed to that's prob helping with any pain that might be there wink

Can't wait for everything to heal now I've been bored out of my mind.,with the kids on half term it's been a nightmare not being able to take them out 😫😫

And not being able to drive is even worse lol😂

Thank you for your replies

Salena

• Posted

Hello I had trouble standing and had to lean on benches and things. But all went away give it time. Yes I had smell thought I might of had an infection,went to drs all was good .just had to bare with the smell. The Matron told me it most probably be the stitches dissolving. Best answer for me as I had a lot in there. And still have a coulpe that haven't dissolved yet. 13 weeks in recovery . People were telling me the smell was just in my head. But It was coming from within my body. And the smell is just about gone. I DID NOTICE if I did to much or walk to much the smell would come. I hope this helps you.

• Posted

Thank you

I think I am trying (hoping) to recover quicker than expected I need to slow down a bit lol

I'm a very impatient person and get bored too easily so I start doing things, I need someone to strap me to my bloody bed so I don't move haha

I'm only on day 13 so it is very early stages

Thank you for your reply wink

• Posted

Hi Salena I have been on the forum since I was day 4 and am now at day 18 and understand everything you have experienced. Reading all the experiences has been very helpful and Matron's advice really useful. I feel like you that each day you will be better but have learned to understand it's a long slow healing process. Definitely rest despite the boredom factor. I find I have some good days and then a not so good one, but like to come on here to read what everyone says as it is reassuring me. Take it easy and I will be thinking of you x

• Posted

Thank you wink

Yes I have good days and bad days..more good then bad tho which I suppose is a good thing smile

Hope you are doing well too

Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.