Feeling annoyed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on an upped dose of cit for 8 weeks now after a course of antibiotics caused a bad reaction after 3 days of being on them . My anxiety went through the roof for the first 3 weeks i was really bad then got back on track a bit better each day ,have been good until last night i foolishly watched an episode of inside the ambulance which was about depression and anxiety . Ive got up this morning urging and not had a good day ,so annoyed with myself . I have had to take a beta blocker as well today to calm myself down im now afraid the tablets arent working and i will go back to square one . The first time around it didnt seem to take this long x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I know how you feel. Any change in my body, how I feel, symptom of another illness or I see something and I immediately jump to worse case scenario and anxious thoughts. What I’ve been trying to do lately is talk myself down, talking myself through saying you’ll be alright, it’ll be ok over again. It’s a distraction and 9 times out of 10 it works. It’s a nightmare though and ongoing battle. Keep fighting. I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, I know how you feel. For me it took about 14, 15 weeks before I started to feel somewhat "normal" whatever that is! Similar to you the anxiety hung around for a long while. Small incidents would kick it off. Just continue to take it 1 day at a time and you will get there. Try to center yourself with slow and deep breathing to calm your nervous system. Do you find you grind your teeth? I sure do. Assuming it is the drug causing this😊!

Take care. Everyday gets you closer to wellness!

• Posted

Hi Shane, 

I feel like I’ve been grinding my teeth. I just been to the dentist with a bad toothache and he couldn’t find anything. Lois said she had tooth pain in the past with her molars. It’s making me crazy. Dentist wants me to get a night guard. They are so expensive around $750. To get a mold made of my mouth. My dentist discouraged me from getting one in a pharmacy. Do you still feel the grinding? 

Will 😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.