Feeling anxious

Posted , 8 users are following.

Every now and again my anxiety levels seem to peak . Can hormones affect this ? I get this tightness in my chest and throat , almost like I can't breathe . I have previously been to A&E with this and pains in my shoulder and it was all put down to grief and anxiety . I am also just getting over another migraine , my second in 2 weeks . Tablets don't seem to touch it . I have 2 particularly upsetting weeks . I lost my beloved Westie , Poppy a few hours after the first anniversary of my mums funeral . I wonder if all this isn't helping . I just turned 49 last week and still have regular periods although sometimes there is a shorter space between , heavier and painful . I worry constantly about my health , symptoms as I have ones that keep changing and my weight as I lost quite a bit after my mum passed . I have put that back on , but I wish I could be plumper as I feel that I am too skinny , but then always have been . The more I worry the more my appetite goes and I get sicky , unsettled feeling . Is all this normal ? I feel that I am turning into a nervous wreck controlled by all these symptoms that stop me from doing things . Please can anyone help me ? Love Jane X

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I believe hormones most definitely can affect all of it! Took me a while to believe how much they actually can but once I realized it I was able to better prepare for those times... I have almost two good weeks, when my cycle is shorter seems I have only one week. Then the other is high anxiety unless I prepare for it and take the time to destress. When anything else goes on at the same time, it sends an upheaval of feelings, emotions, symptoms! Sorry you are going through this sad a lot of stressors at one time certainly does not help but just remind yourself to step back, regroup , deep heaths and tell yourself , " this too shall pass" ....

• Posted

so sorry about your little dog.  Its awful that you are going through this hormonal mess at this time.  I also have a little dog the same as you and so can feel for you.  All the symptoms you are having are normal for this time, I've had it all.    Just keep your strength up and try not to worry too much about your health, being anxious about it makes it so much worse.  They will always tell you at the doctors and hospital that it is anxiety, but there are real symptoms, the pains are real, the anxiety just follows, not the other way round.  They don't get it because it doesn't show on results. (this continues to amaze me, as they must see women all the time with the same complaints... does anyone take notes! or do research!)  This forum is great for reassurance, so keep on it, the ladies are great and are all going through the exact same.  take care.

• Posted

Definitely hormone related I get it on an off its horrible 2 weeks of each month are nt nice.... I deep breathe and when very bad will take a Azor 2.5mg calming pill it really helps me....
  • Posted

A little over the counter USP progesterone might help that anxiety. I use it, and it's been a lifesaver!

• Posted

I was put on bcp's but they seemed to make my anxiety much worse

I take Klonopin now. I hate it but my anxiety gets so high some times I can't function.

• Posted

Hi I want you to know it's normal I went through this when I lost my mom the anxiety and panic attacks they make you feel horrible it's a process it takes time I lost so many so close together in 99 my brother in 2000 I lost my sister 2001 my dad 2004 my mom 2005 my grandmother skip a few yrs 2011 my brother in law new yrs eve 2012 my daughter in law new yrs eve 2015 my sister in law that lived with me thanking God for the strength now I have a very ill sister that needs a liver and kidney I have custody of her children through all this I started peri menopause all I could do is pray for strength it was awful I don't get the hit flushed to often now but I do get a peak of anxiety it's not as bad as it use to be I get up and stay busy it goes away but I often think about my family I miss them so much holidays are the worst for me but I mainly wanted you to know what your going through its normal along with menopause it can get overwhelmed but hang in there keep praying and keep faith it will get a but easier to cope with hugs to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.