Feeling anxious blip!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've been on citalpram for a 6-7 weeks on 20mg. Started feeling anxious again especially when I go out. Is it a blip and itl pass or shall I see my dr and up my dose

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi polly

Im also on 20mgs of cit been on this dose for nearly 4 weeks before that I was on 10mgs for 6 weeks. Still feeling anxious especially in a morning but I think it's still early days taking 20mgs so going to persevere a while longer and hope it levels out . Got to see GP next week so see what she thinks.

jean 

• Posted

Hi Polly,

If your Dr is as clued up as mine then the regular appts, to gauge your progress (or not), will be a good place to discuss this. I gradually climbed to as high as 40mg, but was told no higher. This basically happened each month for the first 4 months. Everything started getting better and apart from the odd slight side effects with each increase and eventually I levelled out nicely. However, as we always say everyone is different and never expect the same results as someone else.

The anxiety aspect of this med is a strange one, causing it to treat it, but it does ggradually go away. I can go out on my own now without worrying if I get the old angst, panic attack or palpitations!

Check with your Dr, discuss and decide what you feel is best.

Whatever is decided I hope it goes well. Just keep focusiing on getting better.

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

Hey David just me again. I notice I feel my heart beat at night, never use to, is that normal? Cindy
    • Posted

Yes, only be worried if you can't! Seriously, ask your Dr about tests if you are worried over anything as slight paranoia on health issues can arise, as I found out myself. On the advice of a regular here, I did just that and because my Dr is clued up on "sticking plasters for the brain" (I love that expression she uses) I had tests (because after all you just can't be too careful).

You are making me remember the questions I asked here when I first arrived because they, like others, are very similar.

Try not to worry, but please keep asking!

Bestest Regards,

David

• Posted

Your Welcome! Things will begin to calm down, just try not to fret about it. Go with the flow! Even when tis rough because better times are ahead!

David x

• Posted

Hi Polly, Have you been under any stress to cause the sudden anxiety lately? With some people there will be days when irrespective of medication working you will feel flat or anxious which is pretty normal, however if you find it becomes more often then adjusting the dosage could be an option. Talk to your doc and see what they say. Take care!
    • Posted

Hi there yes Im a little stressed my daughters in and out of hospital having chemo and having high temp but it's a huge roll coaster back and forth and I have 2 other children. But I'm holding it together I don't feel as anxious as I did a few weeks ago but I've noticed the past few days I seem to be anxious more like I went to the cinema, couldn't sit still. Went to a presentation with my bro couldn't wait to get out of there. I'm aware that life in general will give me some anxious moments but I was so confident and could go anywhere with a crowd of people. But that all seems to be a nightmare for me
    • Posted

I sure can relate to not going places without getting super anxious, I can't even drive yet, can't wait to drive. Cindy
    • Posted

I had started taking lessons and stopped with everything going on. But hopefully will start again soon. I just keep saying one day at a time. And I keep busy. Anxiety apps helps too. X
    • Posted

I did down load some sound apps, nice sounds to listen to and relax, try anyhow to. Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

I did not drive for 5 months as Bob Marley said "My feet are my only carriage!" well, that and public transport. I looked at as extra exercise as my part in my recovery! Simple!

Mind you, when I really felt up to it (when it was safe for me, my Family and other rad users) we had a GREAT day out and it just happend to be the Spring Equinox so, we climbed Glastonbury Tor. Far out baby!

As I always say let Cita take her time, let yourself heal and then you are better to face life again. Saying that, on a personal note, I am facing the life I want from now on in, not what is dictated to me by the system.

Ps I am not a revolutionary, hippy or dropout just a realist!

Keep posting, keep being as strong as you can be we'll always be here.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi Polly,

You do not need to tell us all or any of your very personal details, but you have and we send our thoughts to be with you and prayers to give you strength and wish all the best for your daughter. You do not have to be religious to do that, just care for each other!

Sometimes if we can, we should try to, as we prioritise our daily life perhaps, drop things that are not a priority, this may help. Obviously, only you can decide this we can only suggest.

This forum is a good place, 24/7, for just a chat if you need it, not just for advice.

Take care, we are with you.

Sincerely,

David

• Posted

Thanks once again. My son and his daughter came for a visit yesterday, it was good, anxious that they were coming but I think I did fairly well. I went into town with them to get our meal, wasn't too bad going away from home, but not driving yet, sure hope in time I will ve able to enjoy leaving the house alone again. Thanks, will visit here everyday. Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

That is great progress. well done you. soon you will be back to your old self and enjoying the summer. Like you I'm stll finding things hard. I went into the city centre on my lunch break and sat in picadilly gardens in Manchester, I was a nervous wreck, It is a nice day and usually I love watching the world go by, people watching and generally being nosy. Not today I could not concentrate and wanted to get back into work, which is no normal. I told my self, come on, I got to help my self as this pill is not a miracale and I need to help my self. That what I did, i sat outside for the full hour. I have signed up for a free pass at the gym, so me and my boyfiend will start , hopefully tonight, but I will see. 

We will get there, it seems it taking a little longer for us, but we have addressed the issue. It my 30th next month and everyone is saying why on earth I have not got anything planned, as last year I wantd a few of us to go away. It the last thing on my mind at the moment. I still wake up with the horrible knot in my tummy in the morning and it take a few hours to go away, then I worry about work etc. I keep telling my self i needs to go on, and I want to enjoy it, life is for living.

Lets keep going and there will be the light soon

Take Care

• Posted

Yep baby steps is what I hear and that's what we're doing and we'll get there there, I have faith. Today seems to be okay, just not sure how I would be if I had to work out there, guess I've been lucky my husband had a good job so I got to be a housewife/mom, oh I did have a school job and cleaned a near by church but otherwise I've been a home person and I don't mind that at all. Good luck to you, hope you will feel yourself soon, I'm coming along I do believe. Take care, Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

That is absolutely fantastic! So great to hear you had a nice time getting out with your Family.

These are the little, slow steps we have to take sometimes to gradually build up our confidence and a definite positive! A positive to hold on to and remember when you are feeling a little down or the old angst kicks in to realise things have been and will be better again!

I have to say I am lifted by reading your post after a busy day.

Onward and upward!

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you David, baby steps, today keeping busy cleaning upstairs, getting ready for if they stay a few nights, a little anxious in that thought but I use to do it, can do it again, I'll just keep on praying I can! Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.