Feeling awful again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been taking citalopram from end of October been on different doses 5,10,20,30mg. Terrible anxiety on 30 mg so doctor reduced to 20mg again been taking this dosage for 4 weeks now and the last few days have been terrible Iv had some physical symptoms, feel like heads heavy and ache and a numbness. I also don't feel particularly good. I had a few good days last week then thur,fri,sat,sun I felt low thought this could be due to time of the month. This week mon,tue,wed,thur were fine and again fri,sat and today I feel spacey and funny sensations in my head will this ever end I just want to be better and no wake every morning wondering how I feel xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking citalopram since November last year, I started on 20mg and had side effects but went away. It's was upped to 40mg a week ago, since then I have had 2 good days, the rest either so low or flat. like you I feel spacey and just feels weird, it's hard to describe. Everyone tells me it'll get better, they better be right!!! Just keep going, I understand it'll get better.
    • Posted

I hope so Iv been getting physical anxiety symptoms pains in stomatch and throat feel like iv swallowed somethng and it's stuck in throat.x
    • Posted

All we can do is hope, and be there for each other. Im new to this, but when I have had bad thoughts, they have been here for me. Without this I don't know where I be. I feel so alone, but just knowing that someone is there helps, it doesn't go away but gets me through that period. I Hope you feel better and tomorrow is a good day. I'm here, and so are lots of people.
  • Posted

Dawn

This would appear to be similar to my experience with Cit and withdrawal. I have stopped almost five weeks ago and had three bad weeks followed bye five good days then returned to feeling bad now after another week of feeling rough  I am having some better days but still not feeling right so I will see what happens from here. For more detail see my post of yesterday of my side / withdrawal symptoms

Dave

• Posted

I've been on 20 for quite a while now, to tell you the truth i don't have any bother, do you change anything different at weekend,and do you drink a lot, or are a non drinker, because i was told your pills wont work right if you take to much.  Best of luck finding out whats causing it.
    • Posted

Iv not had a drink since September im too scared it affects the medication. X
  • Posted

Hi

I was on Citalopram 20 mg for over two years. I have been off it now a year. All the comments in here inndicate a similar reaction I had. The drug takes a while to work. Its not instant like a paracetamol etc. The dosage is very important as it varies from individual to individual. I was happy if you pardon the pun on 20 mg. I did get "Cotton wool "head quite a bit and I also experienced wierd headaches at the base of my skull which werre quite throbbing. These symptoms did go but I had them for about two weeks upon starting.

you will get better but you have to try and be positive. I know its hard but as I have returned to this forum after being off Citalopram for such a long while I thought I'd see how people were doing. Still the same worries from all of you. Just hang on in there, it will take a few weeks for it to settle down. Much like it took me over a month to get off the drug. You also have to come off it slowly as it neeeds to be slowly reduced till your off it.

I did have alcohol on occasions but not too much. It does say to avoid it so I just went carefully with the odd drink or two. we are all different and so it will react differently to each of us.

I wish you all luck but will emphasise that you need to keep going until the effect of the drug stops messing your brain and you go through a period of calmness. Then you can work towards getting better. just like I have smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.