feeling bad today

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my op on the 11. I was little pain and was just taking ibuprofen 800 three times a day, which seemed to be working until today. Yesterday I went for a walk to the store bad idea. Last night I couldn't sleep. Got a few hours nap in this morning. Pills aren't working. Feeling really dumm about that walk now. Back in April my shoulder got sprained with torn muscles, I didn't take anything for the pain. I'm just sick of pain. I got one family member telling me I'm fragile and that I should be just fine now. I'm feeling very low. I also wrapped gifts yesterday, the point of my trip to get more paper, so I know I over did it, my arms are sore for carry the paper home. Two weeks after op and feeling bad. How much longer am I going to feel worthless because of the pain. I see my surgeon again Dec. 2. Called to refill my meds but I already had a refill and was only take those at bed time and a few times I went out. Tired of hurting.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lori,

You know, I have had this problem of Pancreatitis and really feeling weak in my limbs for the past year-had my gallbladder out 2 months ago and had another pancreatitic attack right after! So much for that being the answer.

I feel very down about it also, it is really debilitating. I urge you seek med care for the ongoing weakness and pain so far after surgery.

I find it extreemly hard to do as I do now accomplish tasks one at a time, and then tire. My arm gets tired brushing my teeth! But I keep bringing it up and don't stop cuz it seems like"I am so weak in my legs and arms, etc" doesn't really impress the md's. 

They listen a little more to "My arms are so weak It hurts to brush my teeth, or I can no longer walk up my flight of stairs in my home without my legs feeling like i have run a marathon" I am not even sure it is related to pancreatitis? It may be a whole other thing. They could not get blood from me and I had to return and then it was tricky and again that happened-so i am wondering if my circulation is affected by something(cuz that never happens).

I am certain there is a doc out there that will listen and know what to do-I just have to find him or her.Now that the pancreatits thing is not taking my time and thoughts, I am going to really hit it hard and demand answers-cus this is not me! And It's not you either-be tough. Maybe we need  good PT sessions for reconditioning-I go in fri to se my doc and I am going to request it and tell him about not having enough blood in my limbs to draw.

It is not our fault, but we can keep trying to figure it out and keep doing what we can every day. I will keep you in my prayers

biggrin

• Posted

Thanks. Walking does tire me out a lot. The weakness in my arms left while ago, they are just sore from caring wrapping paper home. I should have known better. I can't stand not walking it really bugs me. Doctor is going to refill my meds. You said they had a hard time drawing blood are you a red haired or a strawberry blond. I found out that red heads and strawberry blondes are more likely to be bleeders and hard to get blood drawn. I one of the nurses told me this when they could get me hooked up before op.I hope its not pancreatis. I have enough problems. Thanks for caring. Let me know how your doctor visit goes.
    • Posted

Hi Lori,

Well my pancrease is all clear by mri, but I am having more weakness than ever!So the doc did some priliminary blood tests for arthritis-all ok and now i am going to a PT and have excercises to do at home.

maybe just deconditioned from laying around so much.

i do have straw blond hair, except it never has been an issue before. It is a lot of work to do my job and i feel awful a lot. but honestly, I have been eating fattier foods lately, so back to boiled chix and veggies!

take care,

anniem100

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. I hope you have gotten some answers by now. Sorry I haven't been on. I have been feeling great and have been catching up on things around the house and out of the house too. I'm back to my walks and shopping on my own.

I'm still on the low fat diet myself. I have lost 20 pounds;  so I'm feeling great about myself. 

I am glad it isn't arthritis. I have arthritis in places and it is a pain.  I have fibro too, so cold weather kicks in the pain. But I don't handle hot weather, i get dizzy and my hands swell up when its hot.  Doctor put me on medicine to deal with it. 

I found laying around hurt my back so bad that I couldn't sleep very will at night. So when i had my last visit to my surgeon and after I got over my bug, I went to my Chirporator to get adjusted.

I'm trying to get ready for Christmas. I get something cleaned up and my daughter and husband undoes my work.  I made divinity yesterday, i figured it would be low in fat since you only use egg whites. My daughter and I love it, husband doesn't like it, so more for us.

Let me know what you find out. Sorry you are still hurting. My keyholes are still healing up, but I'm back to me again. I got more energy after lossing the weight.

Hang in there and i hope they find the answers real soon.

Lori

• Posted

The doctor will refill my meds again. Thank goodness. I got my ice pack on and will be having dinner real soon.
  • Posted

Lori, you need to be resting your body! I did nothing for almost a month. You have had surgery and your body has to heal. Your gallbladder is gone and your body has to realign itself with the gb gone and get used to that. So, take it easy!!
    • Posted

Thanks Angela! This is my second surgery. My first one was a c-setion to safe my daughters life. I have had to virual bugs that kept me in bed for a few months to six months. It drove me crazy. I learned my lesson. I won't go off for a walk again. I'm was lazy yesterday and will be today. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving my husband will take care of the turkey. Daughter will do the rest. They will make the pumpkin pie, which I decided to skip and just eat angel food cake and jello. Gifts can be wrapped later on. I will take it easy. I didn't like the set back at all.
  • Posted

Hello lori73442,

I was afraid that would happen, but hoped it wouldn't.  I had my GB op on Sept 19.  Still gas and bloating to the point that I eat very little.  Take Vicodine for pain, but not much good.  Certainly nothing to feel worthless about.  Keep in touch.

• Posted

Thanks! I love sunny days and love to enjoy them. I live in Oregon so we get a lot of rain. I'm going to be lazy today. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and my husband will take care of the turkey. I will skip the pumpkin pie this year and just have angel food cake and jello. I love wrapping gifts but they can wait. Lesson learned I promise.
    • Posted

There really are sunny days in Oregonsmile?

MN has snow and cold for 9 months and it is the truth.

anniem100

• Posted

Yes we really get sunshine here in Oregon. During the summer we can get up to 100+. We can also go below -0. We get snow here in the valley once in awhile, we get a lot of snow in the cascade area.  Yes we are wet a lot of the time but when you are having Spring weather in October its great.  We have a saying just wait a few minutes and the weather will change.  

It has been weird weather here lately. Sunny, wet, windy, and all three at the same time. But I'm an hour from the coast and the mountains so if you want warmer or colder weather its not hard to find it.

My husbands sister lives in Alaska, i will pass that weather.

• Posted

Hi Lori 

youve just over done it. 

I got very tearful about 4 to 5 weeks after as every time I exerted myself I mean swept the floor !!!!!! I paid for it for 2 days of aching like I was 92. 

But after 6 weeks I felt so much better. 

I cared for my mum with parkinsons who lived with us and my hubby with CFS. I got a cleaner in once a week to clean house for the 6 weeks and refused to carry anything. But mum toppled next to me and I took her weight and lifted her back on her feet.. Did I pay for that. 

Rest and if you over do it , it will pass ...couple of days to think I wish I hadn't done that ...lol 

remember 40 odd years ago people stayed in hospital a week after an operation then they were transferred to convalescent homes for 4 weeks to totally rest and recover , more like a hotel...the nhs got rid of them as quick as it could save money ...and now they operate and chuck you out the same day...cuts ..

• Posted

Thanks Sally. I rested yesterday and I'm going to be lazy again today. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Thanks for the support.
  • Posted

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
    • Posted

Happy Thanksgiving to you also!!! Wish I could enjoy some mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and so much more but Diabetes and IBS controls what I eat. I am so thankful for all the blessings I do enjoy!!
    • Posted

To much starches with ibs causes attacks but I'm a potatoe girl. Mash potatoes usuasally helps me when I sick, its my cold, flu food. I have ibs too since high school but wasn't really didn't know I had it until college. See a chiroprator helped a lot with the ibs. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I'm skipping the pumpkin pie and eggnog this year. I just want to pain from the gall bladder removal to be gone before I try those spices. I decided it wasn't worth the risk even if I found a low fat pie crust and low fat pumpkin pie. I will have angel food cake and jello.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.