feeling bad today

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my op on the 11. I was little pain and was just taking ibuprofen 800 three times a day, which seemed to be working until today. Yesterday I went for a walk to the store bad idea. Last night I couldn't sleep. Got a few hours nap in this morning. Pills aren't working. Feeling really dumm about that walk now. Back in April my shoulder got sprained with torn muscles, I didn't take anything for the pain. I'm just sick of pain. I got one family member telling me I'm fragile and that I should be just fine now. I'm feeling very low. I also wrapped gifts yesterday, the point of my trip to get more paper, so I know I over did it, my arms are sore for carry the paper home. Two weeks after op and feeling bad. How much longer am I going to feel worthless because of the pain. I see my surgeon again Dec. 2. Called to refill my meds but I already had a refill and was only take those at bed time and a few times I went out. Tired of hurting.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Lori,

Well sorry for your trouble lets all hope that it all comes together very soon, and you can laugh off it all off and get back on course and your LIFE!

I had my gallbladder finally removed today(26/11) All went to plan and Surgeon afterwards also told me that he had also removed a number of stones, not sure if that is medical speak, as had been told previously that I had some grit. So is stones/grit both the same thing, who knows!

Anyway at hospital 07.45 this morning, down to theatre 09.15 woke up in recovery at 12,00. Some pain in both stomach and right shoulder(this due to gases pumped into to inflate stomach) Any way gave me more and more morphine until I reached max they could give me and hey presto pain free.

Spent rest of day on ward, discharged 18.00 hours

All seems to be well at the moment, touch wood, have got Ibpur

• Posted

Glad the surgery went good. I believe grit, stones, and sludge are different but become stones so it doesn't matter. Do what the doctor told you to do. Rest and drink lots of water. Make sure you eat low fat foods. Have any questions just ask. I couldn't eat much for a few days. Just jello. I'm being lazy by watching Christmas movies and hockey games. Just found that my husbands check came in so we can get some food and pay bills. Knock on wood that your recovery goes will. I had my surgery on the 11, the day before my birthday, great gift. Put the surgery was delayed three hours. So I'm glad you got in and out faster then I did. I spent almost 12 hours in the hospital. Hang in there. Let me know how you are doing. Bending is hard and don't lift stuff over the weight the doctor gave you. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Posted

Sorry touchpad very sensitive.

anyway have Ibuprofen and co-codamol.

have aliitle nag in stomach. Been advised not to drive for 72 hours,no shower, only top and tail same period.

Am shattered now in bed so no doubt will sleep like log.

Will follow advice of hospital, no fattyor dairy foods then a slow experimentation of what I can take or not.

No physical exercise, love walking, but just take it easy.

Fingers crossed hoping to be back at work within 14 days, then just light duties for a further two weeks.

I am hoping this will be the case.

Finally cannot say enough thanksĀ to the Medical Team all just great, probably not the best experience to have but their attention was second to non.

So back to you Lori, I wish you all the best and all others in same situation as ourselves, with the hope that this discussion group does eventually stop and we are all fighting fit once again

Take care x

• Posted

Helping others helps me get my mind off my troubles. You can have skim milk and there is an icecream that you can have its ice milk, we have it with cookies and cream. Forgot the brand, I would go look but I'm out. There are reduced fat oreos that I have been able to eat and whoppers. I'm not going to chance having the pumpkin pie tomorrow, worried about the spices, I found a low fat recipe but next year I will be better. I'm taking ibuprofen 800 after meals and then hydrocodone. This is one pain killer I have had that doesn't make me throw up. Be slow adding things to your diet. If you need a list I got one that nurses gave us, they lost their gall bladders years ago. Everybody at the hospital was great to me too. Waking up felt weird but it was the best sleep I had being under, first time for me and second surgery for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.