Feeling better but still worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have health anxiety but recently have been feeling slightly more optimistic. The symptoms I am experiencing at the minute are a sore neck and twitching all over and being quite shaky and jumpy. I am most concerned about the twitching because I've been told that it links with brain tumours and disorders. Does anyone else have twitches in their body for no reason. Some times my arm or leg will just jerk. Can anyone relate? I would appreciate some reassurance so I'm not googling my symptoms every minute of the day. 

Thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I've got this weird head twitching thing and would like to know it is anxiety cuz it scares me 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Holly 

I suffer with health anxiety, I went through a rough couple of months when I was first diagnosed, I think I'm going to have a stroke or a heart attack my main symptoms are:

Migraine 

Neck pain

Left arm pain 

pins and needles in both arms

heart palpitations

chest pains

dizziness 

brain fog

confusion

My Doc started me on citalpram 20mg and propranolol 40mg, I had terrible symptoms off the citalopram but now it's been 6 weeks I believe they have helped and when I get symptoms now I seem to shrug them off a lot easier than I used to, I'm not really sure what the propranolol does but I still take one every day ... apparently they help stop anxiety symptoms so I'm either not taking enough or they don't work for me because I still get symptoms.

I still have odd days where I find a new symptom which freaks me out and I have a little panic but not nearly as bad as I used to

I have had ecgs and blood tests and all came back fine it's just a chemical imbalance in my brain that's what the doctor says lol 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Happens to me sometimes.  There is something called TRE - Trauma Release Exercises.  Google it and find a practitioner close to you to show you what to do. It helps a huge amount for this king of twitching, which is just tension stored in your body that is trying to release itself (more than likely).  The TRE gets rid of that tension and you feel the benefits really quickly.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yep..I get twitchy too occasionally. Even when I didn't have anxiety and was a little stressed. Don't know why it happens. It just does xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. Anxiety is scary ! 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

someone is having a cruel joke if you think that twitches are linked to  tumours and other disorders.  Twitches are all nerves with a bit extra electrical activity causing them to happen.

Richard

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It does not apply to everyone so don't go reading too much into it Holly.

R

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up