Feeling blank, numb empty

Posted , 5 users are following.

Evening folks just making an effort to try and feel something, I feel worryingly calm again, blank, nothing can't even cry. Just want to close my eyes and drift off. That would be so good. Saw Dr today felt a waste follow up of emergency appointment last week. Just keep on controlling myself as best I can. Already taken 5mg diazepam, going to take another to hopefully help me sleep. I jsut don't want to wake up tomorrow.....I need to escape from myself.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Going to take some more now and go to bed as they are  taking effect now, night all. you all take care of yourselves. xx
  • Posted

That's some terrible day you had. It must be in the stars because I felt it too. Try and remember how many people love and care for you. Stay positive, don't let the (black dog) win! We're better than that! F&@k depression and the horse it rode in on.

• Posted

Hi Tina. Did your doctor prescribe any other meds? Anti-depressants for instance? Diazepam is highly addictive and should only be used in the short term.
    • Posted

Hi Wayne  yes i ahve been on varous anti depressants which made me worse, did try them for well over a year so with support from pyschiatrist I stopped them. I know diazepam is addictive can't remember how long i have been on them quite a while but I am only allowed 4 a week, use to get more every month but after taking too many one time got cut back to weekly prescriptions. I don't take them every day but she seems happy continuing with the prescription if it stopped yes I most probabley get agitated so maybe. I don't rely on them but if I didn't have them sat there I would be annoyed so maybe I am addicted? Bit like alcohol and chocolate if there isn;t any in the cupboard you well me want it. so is that addiction?

• Posted

Been a bad day today too, detached, intrusive thougts visions  lack of concentration but didn't give in and take any diazeoam but did self harn in the loos at work to feel something. 

• Posted

Hi again Tina - something we crave for to the exclusion of all else is an addicttion, where we feel cannot function without it and will go to any length to get it. But if the doc is controlling that, I wouldn't worry too much. Does you doctor know you self harm?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.