Feeling bloated ALL the time

Posted , 3 users are following.

about 2 years ago I began feeling bloated all the time and noticed my stomach to even look bloated. I went to a gastroenterologist and had an upper endoscopy and was told everything looked fine and there was no problem. From there I had the barium swallow test, gastric emptying test, and I know im missing another. Was told all of those tests came back normal. Finally, I had an ultrasound and found I had gallstones so I had my gallbladder removed. About a month after the surgery I began to feel way better and back to normal. About a month after that, I began to feel/look bloated again and it hasn't stopped since ( it has now been 6 months since then). Has anyone else had this problem? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes.

It turned out I was anaemic. Has your iron levels been checked lately?

My gallbladder ultrasound came back fine. As I suspected gallstones.

Swelling is far less skin stretching. I'm overweight in the stomach area so I do need to change my diet. I once dumped dairy products and nuts resulting in weight loss. I may try sticking to that diet again.

I'll let you know as iron ferrate tablets are supporting my diet currently.

I need to get rid of my gurgling tummy and diarrhea which has woken me so early.

• Posted

I have gastritis and was struggling with lot of bloating and burping for years and they found gallbladder was not working and after that I got gallstones too. I haven't removed my gallbladder yet, the reason is surgeon says I may still have issues after surgery as I also have gastritis. So im yet to take a decision. So in your case the bloating problem did not really got fixed by gb surgery, this really worries me as I thought removing my gb will solve my bloating problem. Many have removed their gb only of severe pain compared to bloating and they had great success. But here are the things that you can check.

1) do ultrasound again to check if you have any stones formed in bile ducts.

2)Check your stomach acid levels and see if digestive enzymes and ox bile helps.

3) you should not have high fatty /fried foods

You maybe the unlucky ones where the problem did not solve after the surgery. What kind of food you had for 6 months after surgery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.