Feeling bloated with orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have been taking Orlistat now for nearly 2 weeks, I only lost 2lbs in the first week and not feeling very confident about weigh day on Thursday. I feel bloated, struggling to go to the toilet and generally don't feel like im loosing. Ive decided to get weighed weekly at boots and since starting to diet back in the middle of January I have lost 1 stone 2lbs.

I like to see quick results, and I feel i am constantly wondering if im lost if ive put on.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im feeling the same very bloated. Iv been doin alimming world since 2nd jan and iv lost 12st 1/2lb up to nw I weigh in on thursday aswell at my slimming world group but just dont feel like iv lost a thing this week.have u got a lot to lose? Some people who only have a couple of stone to lose dont lose it very fast but ur weigh loss isnt bad since u only started lossin since mid jan.
  • Posted

Iv only been on orlistat for 9day.
  • Posted

Hi

ive got atleast 6 stone to lose to be happy. Ive ordered the slimming world books through a friend as i simple don't have the time to attend. I feel as though in eating all the right things, salads, fruit, veg, meat, and trying for fat free or low fat yogurts etc, i just feel crap. Ive been swimming atleast twice a week, aquazumba and boxercise in a weekly basis. The last few weeks i felt great but now i feel right down and yuk.

what about yourself? Have you much to lose?

• Posted

I've had a few friends do slimming world they all say they feel worse when they are about to start their period.I'm on day 5 and just hit the head ache wow come period time I may just stay in bed
  • Posted

Well it was weigh in day yesterday and i lost 3lbs this week, not loads but happy its still a lose. Many more pounds to go, aiming for atleast another 30-40 pounds before my holiday in June. So fingers crossed 😊
  • Posted

Thats great I loat 2lb im goin away in august and would like to av lost another 3st 7lb atleast
  • Posted

Keep up the good work, encouragement and support is what well all need. My doctor told me even if you loss a pound a week its 52 pound a year and its a loss. I am really hoping for atleast 2-3 lb a week i feel focused and ready for this. I sometimes find it hard as i work nightshifts and don't get to sleep the next day so im so tired and not being able to comfort eat with the worry of the side affects is the only thing keeping me going sometimes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.