Feeling Confused

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again, I'm feeling a bit confused. Can anyone else tell me if their diet can accommodate certain types of fat only? You see I ate bacon bits yesterday and today (the package says 3% fat) not sure if true or not lol. But the weird thing is I'm not in severe pain. Have more a little tight feeling in URQ under ribs and extremely tight full bloated belly and feel a bit constipated. The other week I ate a deep fried hash brown and the pain was very bad and had orange oil in stool the next day. Is this normal , as I thought a gallbladder attack was brought on by eating a fatty meal. I am very confused. Up until yesterday, I have had pretty bad pain the whole time. Can anyone explain this and what your symptoms are like.

0 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

I was eating foods that had less than 7g fat per 100g. Didn't go near bacon or any fried foods but still had gallbladder attacks. My gallbladder wasn't functioning properly either though. I was eating under 15g of fat per day.

Had gallbladder out 3 weeks ago but by that point I had almost constant nausea and pain under right ribs and in centre of chest too for about 7 weeks. Kept getting fevers and had really high heart rate too. 

Before that when I was having attacks I had yellow/orange stools, extreme pain under right ribs and in centre, couldn't find a position to get comfy in to sit or lie down, sweat was pouring off me from the pain too.

Are you on the waiting list to get your gallbladder out? xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry for the essay haha - Wow, so yours was real bad. Like in my earlier posts I described my horrendous attacks which all pinpoint at a bad gallbladder. It's been about 2 months or so since my attack, now I have this constant tight/ full sensation under my right ribs that comes and goes. I noticed this week if I eat bad foods; bacon bits, Ruffles chips my stomach feels extremely bloated, gassy, and so full it feels like it's going to explode! One day I ate fatty burger patties and I felt so ill I had to lay down even. And another day I ate a deep fried hash brown and immediately had severe tight feeling under the right ribs and an orange oily stool the next day. I had an ultrasound, CT scan, gastroscope done so far. Everything looked normal. So now I have an upcoming HIDA scan and a second colonoscopy next month. The surgeon said if nothing is found, they will definitely consider removing my GB to see if that helps, because they seem to think that's what it is.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Had all of them done too. First ultrasound showed small gallstones then repeat didn't. Gastroscopy, mrcp and ct all normal. But HIDA scan showed sluggish gallbladder that wasn't functioning properly. The next ultrasound they thought there were small gallstones again. 

Fatty foods didn't affect me but my GP said to eat than 7g fat per 100g so I did. 

Hopefully your HIDA scan will give some answers but I'm glad your surgeon plans to remove the gallbladder whatever the result 👌🏽. Hope you get some relief soon! xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yesss! Exactly the same for me. The ONLY thing that triggers my GB attacks is melted cheese! I cant eat a kebab or chinese with absolutly no problems what so ever. I can even somethings eat cheese that isnt melted without it causing any pain at all. Weird how it works!

My advice is just to knoe your trigger food. Inavoid melted cheese at all costs but everything else is fine to eat.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's very strange how some people react to a certain type of food and others are fine. When I eat cooked beef still in the fat I get sick and anything deep fried feel like crap haha.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Cheddar cheese is about 33% fat, so very high in fat. Can't understand why you are eating anything deep fried and not eating a low fat diet?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh I can't eat eat gluten or lactose, so no cheddar cheese for me. I had a HIDA scan today and felt pretty awful after I drank that fatty protein shake they hand out. Like I had that very tight feeling and just felt sick. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i FOUND CERTAIN FOODS CAUSED MY CHRONIC ISSUES TO INTENSIFY. PORK SAUSAGES WERE FINE FOR EXAMPLE BUT RED MEAT WAS A NO, NO EGGS, HARDLY ANY NUTS, no raw veg sorry caps! 

I was fine with dark chocolate but milk would cause me issues and I was fine with fried sweet potato chips when we ate out as long as I didnt go too often.

I found ox bile and digestive enzymes made a huge difference. From frequenting many boards and forums it seems foods vary which trigger and are very different for each person. Some have gone vegan before and after where for me meat was the one thing I could eat the most and raw veg were out.

My mum got to the point where she couldnt tolerate any foods. Post surgery I am now much better, I have found I have had one incidence of running to the loo and think I just ate too much fat in one go, my fat intake is around 60-100g a day and thats fine as long as I spread it throughout the day. I eat healthy nuts, seeds, oils, coconut, lamb etc.. and avoid deep fried, which i dont really eat anyway except for sweet potato fries when we go out.

Its all trial and error smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I also dont touch dairy anyway or gluten and have continued post op, but dairy did cause digestive issues before I cut it out.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up