Feeling crap

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I have been in remission since last April but since December have felt unwell had bloods done in. Jan a bit confused thyroid antibodies came back at 43,not sure what other levels were seeing encroligist in 2 weeks bloods will be done next week if it is back again this will be 4th time in 9years I've relapsed any thoughts people x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

For myself, even though my Endo said I could discontinue my Methimazole, I have always been reluctant to do so.  I am on a very low dose of 2.5 mg about 3 times a week.  As long as my values for FT3 and FT4 are in mid range and my TSH is anywhere between .80 and 1.5, I feel fine with this.  If TSH drops down to .50, I add Acetyl L-Carntine 500 mg a day and Regular L-Carnitine 500 mg on the off days.I don't take Methimazole and this has worked for me.  It usually makes my TSH rise, then I stop the Acetyl especially and only take the Regular L-Carnitine on the off days.  More recently I have stopped that as well.  While this has always taken a lot of adjusting on my part, I do not mind as long as I can keep my lab results where I want them and I feel good.  I try to get my labs done every 6 weeks which is necessary if I have to adjust anything.  My antibodies are usually only tested once a year and last test they were undetectable.

• Posted

My Endocrinologist would not take a Graves patient off of their anti-thyroid drug if they continued to be positive for Graves antibodies, even if all their other thyroid tests were in the normal range.  Some Endos will discontinue the drug when the patient still has a high antibody count and that usually results in relapses quite often.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.