Feeling crazy today

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hey Ladies!

I've been feeling really crazy today. First of all, it's so unbelievably hot here in NYC. The temperature is 97 with a heat index of 104! This heat has really been affecting me. I woke up with heart palps. I felt nauseated, shaky and weird. My stomach got upset. This of course set off my anxiety. My chest was feeling weird. I will be so glad when I can kiss peri goodbye!

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Im with you I will be glad to kiss peri goodbye too! This is miserable! I get the same way that you do. Im so sorry that you are feeling bad. I hope that your day got better.
    • Posted

Yes it did but you know how you still feel the effects afterwards. I think of it like the anxiety attack being an earthquake and how you feel after it is like the aftershocks. It is a miserable feeling.
    • Posted

Thats a perfect way to put it! If I have a little bit of a normal day I get all frazzled because of the thought of the next earthquake coming back sad Are you taking anything for this and how long have you been going through peri?

• Posted

I started going into it about seven years ago but my symptoms seemed to really intensify after I had my daughter three years ago. I had my kids late. I heard that having kids later in life makes peri or menopause more severe.

As far as taking something for the anxiety, no not really. I haven't stumbled upon that magic pill that helps. I just try deep breathing and relaxation.

• Posted

Awww I dont know how you do it having really little ones and feeling this way. I have 27, 23, 17 and 14. I am 48. I feel so sad because the whole summer came and went and I didnt get to do anything with my kids. Spent it on the couch and crying. Im not taking anything but vitamin D. I really dont want to take other stuff.
    • Posted

Yes it is very difficult having young ones and going through this nightmare! My son, who is the oldest is 7 and my daughter is 3. They are very rambunctious to say the least. My husband doesn't really help out with them like I'd like and need him to. So a lot of it is on me. It is very stressful! My kids don't sleep through the night. So I am sleep-deprived which is what has triggered my stress and anxiety. I read that a lack of sleep can cause hormone imbalance because your stress hormone cortisol resets itself at midnight and when it is unable to do this it makes us be in flight or fight mode more easily. It basically gets stuck in the "on" position and needs to be reset. I just hope things settle down soon. I can't keep running to the doctor or the ER every time I feel weird. They're starting to know me now. Lol!

• Posted

Omgosh you do have it rough! I never knew about the stress hormone being reset and all of that. Thats interesting! Im going to pray for you and your kids that you are able to get some much needed rest and some anxiety relief
    • Posted

Praying for you tonight Colleen that you wake up to tomorrw to a good day
    • Posted

Your sweeter♡ thank God for all of you ladies here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.