Feeling deflated

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am 3 weeks today PKR and just feel like I am so behind everyone else.I am still using both crutches and can't bend the knee much in fact it never is straight when standing. I have to do the physio myself which is a struggle and I'm worrying that it's all been a waste of time....also what to people rub into their scars to help with healing...Thanks everyone I feel a bit moany today

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Only three weeks . .at that stage i was still a quivering depressed jelly!  Now four weeks and five days, and beginning to fight back . . My physio tells me that partly the swelling is what makes the knee look bent, although it is true you have to keep working to maintain it straight . .almost as hard as the bend!  Unless your scar is totally scab free, I think they recommend not rubbing anything in . . my physio uses aloe vera on mine . . .It's definitely true that there are good and bad days. . .hopefully we shall all be enjoying more good days from now on and less of the bad ones. Easy to get depressed . . this is a major operation and a bad shock to the poor old body!  good luck and keep fighting!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.