Feeling desperate

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with extreme anxiety 2 weeks ago,due to the anxiety I have developed a fear of swallowing,I have not ate anything for about 3 weeks ,I am only managing liquids and tiny sips of soup,I'm absolutely starving and all I want is to be able to eat,the doctor prescribed 10mg citolopram wich I have been taking for 2 weeks,as my panicking was getting worse ,I'm panicking about loosing weight so this is making my anxiety worse ,then making it impossible to swallow anything.she prescribed 2mg diazapam 3 days ago wich is helping calm me down.but I am so worried that I'm not gonna be able to eat again.i have been referred to a 6 week counciling course starting next week.she is upping my citalopram dose to 2g on Friday,and I'm praying that this is gonna start helping.will the higher dose stop me from thinking I can't swallow,I know it's all psychological and desperate for the tablets to help.has anyone suffered from this awful thing,I'm absolutely starving and so desperate to eat,can anyone help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

you need a benzo like ATIVAN to calm your body and brain,  Till you nuke anxiety you are lost in pyhco samatic  hell  . all these things wrong are not real  there in your head but feel real  . i would ask for lorazepam to bring you back to earth  in 20 minutes
  • Posted

2mg  of diazipam  or valium has it is. would not help at that mg  a mouse , people are on 60 mg a day with acute illness
  • Posted

I want to address what feels like it is scaring you the most right. Get a few cartons of organis chicken broth. Heat up a couple of cups adding a teaspoon of oliive oil, and some salt as needed. Crush up four or five saltines and pour broth over it. You will be able to get this down if you can drink water. Eat slowly, and have another bowl if you want. Let me know how it goes...this works for me every time, sweet suzy.wink

• Posted

When i cant eat i use nutrional shakes. They are small so you can slowly sio them down and then yiu get the nutrients you need and it balances your sugar level so it works nicely. The oroduct is not water thin so it does glide down your throat without issue.you need to keep your sugar levels balanced it will mimic anxiety issues. These shakes have saved me many many a time. They have chocolate, vanilla or strawberry and go under many names ensure, boost, glucerena, generic name doesnt matter they all work.
  • Posted

all these answers are  great , but untill you Nuke anxiety  they wont work . I used to thin my tounge as welling and blocking my breathing ,it wasnt it as in my mind it was  2 mg ATIVAN and youwill eat a full roast dinner then fall to sleep for 8 hours , because its temp  shut down your anxiety .it a quick fix not a perminent one.   But it gave me time to think what was wrong with my tounge prob. it was just dry from meds so i chew now a tooth pick that keeps my saliva flowing , you have to work out these anxiety faulse problems and nuke them , sometimes you need med help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.