Feeling desperate new to mirtazepine

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.  I was started on 15mg of mirtazepine 3 weeks ago and wonder if anyone else has had the same side effects?

I feel there is a delay in my reactions and responses?! My mind is working just as fast as it always has but I feel despondant and can't quite grasp things as I used to.  If anyone has had a baby they will know what I mean by the feeling when you are on gas and air lol.  I feel like I am trapped in my own body and it's starting to worry me.  My head feels "fuzzy" all the time and the back of my head almost feels numb with tingling.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced any of these symptoms because currently I feel like Im having a brain event rather than anything else!! Looking for reassurance really

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ibia1984,

When I started on Mirt I felt the same, and very drowsy. The side effect profile seems to be worse on the lower doses. 

Although I am stopped with it now for the first 6 months of taking it, it did really help with my depression, increased my appetite and helped me sleep. I found the side effects weren't as bad when I increased to 30mg. 

Good luck.  Maybe would be a good idea to see your GP for advice if you can't tolerate the side effects.

X

• Posted

How on earth would the side-effects be less on a higher does? And, given your contribution on another thread about withdrawal, it also stands to reason that the higher dosage you take of any medication the greater will be the difficulty in getting off it.
  • Posted

Hi Ibia - I don't know if its side effects but i've been on Mirtazapin for around 2 years now and every now and then get similar episodes - its like my brain/body is working on a delayed reaction and i sympathise as it can be very alarming, but i now accept it when it occurs and things usually pass within an hour - personally speaking i think it happens to me when i'm extremely agitated/anxious and have been told its my mind trying to fight the effects of Mirtazapin - bottom line, you're not having any type of "brain event"..try to imagine youve had a couple of glasses of wine instead and it wont seem anywhere near as bad ;-)

Good luck and all the best,

Dave 

• Posted

Hi I have just gone back on them,my only real problem is that I find it harder to wake up in the morning, also it tends to make my mouth dry.

Wish I good tell you more, hope al goes good for you.

Alexander.

• Posted

Thank you folks, I think I have made my mind up to come off them because I hate feeling out of control.  Its like the world is passing me by but I just go through it in a comatose state.....not a nice feeling!

I have to be honest I havent slept any better since I went on them, I have just felt "out of it" so for me there isnt really any benefits?! I see a GP appt coming on ;-)

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up