feeling down.

Posted , 4 users are following.

First time on here. Im 46 amd think may be starting menopause. My periods and regular but only last for around 2 days or can last up to 10 days. Have been feeling dizzy. shakey, crying all the time. I have noticed they occur when i have my first day of period. Its making me feel down and have started feeling anxious .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's not nice Lesley it's horrible as something my anxiety just comes on and I'm on edge but can't calm it! I am really trying to redirect my thoughts when it happens but easier said than done! My periods up to this month were regular and now I've been bleeding on and off for 3 weeks! Some days I feel really quite down but you really need to keep reminding yourself it is a natural process.  Are you taking any vitamins?
  • Posted

yes i take multi vit and evening primrose oil. Just got iron and b6. Getting b12 tomorrow. Had my first anxiety attack on monday wasnt good. Been feeling awful since then. Ive never suffered before. What symptoms do you have.
    • Posted

I suffer from anxiety attacks and they are awful, had them before menopause so hate the fact they can get worse. If you feel one coming on just get a crossword, pen and paper and do some adding up or run round the block! Believe me it works :-) I take vitamin b complex, multivitamins, cod liver oil and evening primrose oil x
    • Posted

thanks tracky nice to speak to someone who is going through it too. x
    • Posted

No problem at all I really do know how it feels and what's scary is anything can trigger them! I really try and be hard on myself as if I feel a bit woozie I worry its something bad then that will trigger an attack or I can feel on top of the world and it can trigger one! I just remove myself from the situation and talk to myself like here we go again etc etc and then do something. Reading a book isn't enough distraction but just writing sums is good.  x
  • Posted

Hello lesley33760-you are not alone!! I have had several anxiety attacks, causing me to flee situations. I've had them at church, school (i am a student), the grocery, it doesn't matter where. If your symptoms continue or worsen, please don't rule out anxiety medicine, such as prozac or there are several others. I know those are for "depression", but there are a lot of good options if this is interfering with your life. Also, massage, water therapy, light therapy, counseling, and even journaling are good options. Whatever makes YOU feel better. For me, listening to soothing music, looking at pictures of beautiful landscapes, drinking something cold, using a cold cloth on my face and practicing breathing techniques help. TALK TO SOMEONE face-to-face who understands or is going through this, too. Don't suffer alone or in silence. Your health will suffer for that. Take care of you and allow others to take care of you, too. Women want to be all things to all people sometimes, and that is not healthy. Give yourself a break, get some exercise and know that you are not alone. I live in the US and was amazed to find so many women all over the WORLD who knew exactly what I was feeling and experiencing. Be your own best advocate and keep searching for help. You are worth it! 

Best regards,

Millette

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.