Feeling down

Posted , 8 users are following.

Feeling down just Finnished a period 43 days never have been that late was on for 3 days and light,don't know if that's why I feel like this ,Plus worried about my mum she not well has high blood pressure and not very well , just feel nervous

Take care

Paula

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula , yes indeed stress can throw off our hormones and cycles . I have been through it all to so I hear ya . As far as the blood pressure goes on your mom , have they put her on any meds for it ?

I had high blood pressure for years and finally about 4 years ago I started taking ramipril and now I’m on. 10 mgs a day of that and other meds now too . But rest assured they typically can get blood pressure under control using meds of different sorts. Stress and peri menopause changes so many things in a lot offs ladies so we can for relate to what your going through . I’m almost 50 now and every day I get up , I pray that it’s gonna be a good day and I start out positive . It’s hard but I work at it . 

I recently started walking more too and that’s helped me sleep better .thank god cause the insomnia is not nice some days .

Best wishes to ya and hang in there I’m sure it will all be ok . Take a deep breathe and do things one day at a time . Hugs to ya from Canada .

• Posted

Thank you tawana

My mum been on blood pressure meds was doing ok but last week it went up doctor gave her beeter blockers just hoping they work . I try to get out every day i work 3days aweek some times it can be hard if not feeling good don't sleep that well was doing ok up untill 3 months ago have been given different hrt been on the for 5 weeks hoping they will help

Paula

• Posted

Hi Paula - I am so sorry about your stress about worrying about a loved one...I know how hard that is - do you know your Mom’s B/P readings? Is she keeping track of them with a B/P cuff?  It’s important to track the readings at all different times of the day to get a true reading.  If her B/P isn’t critically high than maybe she can lower it holistically (google) if she does need medication, there are B/P Rx’s To bring it down just do your homework on the RX’s that don’t have a lot of side effects - my suggestion to both of you is to start taking magnesium supplements it aids in lowering B/P & calming  your stress along with a good “B” vitamin - take care

• Posted

Hi Debra

My mum has a B/P Moniter it was ok but is now very high she been to doctors and got more meds just hoping they work .I did try magnesium but made me feel sick I do take vitamin b complex been on different hrt for 5 weeks hoping they will help

Paula

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.