Feeling down from being so ill

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i have been feeling really down as to being so ill for over 3 months now. I have had anxiety for years which at the moment has got alot worse to i also get help for all this but at the moment its still really hard to deal with and i still feel really bad. I also just found out i have gallstones and now waiting for gallbladder surgery which has also effected my liver to. I have not been able to do much as to being so ill recently which has really got me feeling down and low. Im in pain all the time from feeling so ill. but it is also caused me to have alot more panic attacks. I just hate feeling like this i mean its one thing being ill with gallstones but feeling so down and having anxiety with it aswell is so hard sad and i feel that sometimes people dont understand the way you feel, and i feel the longer i have been waiting for the surgery the more anxiety and feeling down has got worse. I just want to feel abit more normal again. I used to feel some days were better then others but since getting ill it has brought everything back but worse  sad I just hope that after the surgery i might feel abit better in myself aswell. Does anyone else feel like this. would be nice to speak with others so any feed back and advice would be great thanks.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI Carmella,

Have you spoken with you GP?  I would suggest making an appointment with your GP to talk through your concerns and fears etc,basically, how you are feeling at this present time whilst waiting on the date for your surgery.  You might find it helpful to write some notes or a list to take with you, just to help you remember the key/important things that you need to discuss.

Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long for your op!

Good luck 

• Posted

Hi thankyou so much for your reply. I have spoken with my GP but theres not much else they can do until i have the surgery ive just got to check my symptoms etc and have blood tests done before hand. like you said hopefully it wont be long until the surgery now and i can hopefully start to get better.It just gets you so down feeling so ill for so long. Thanks for the advice and ill take a list with me to the hospital when i next go there. thanks again for your help from carmella
    • Posted

Good luck with your surgery carmella...you can get better both physically and emotionally...I promise...I hope you have a good support system but I know from experience that people just don't understand unless they've been through it...my parents still don't understand my anxiety especially when they don't think there's any reason for it....being sick just makes it so much worse especially when you don't see an end to the pain and suffering...just having to live with my parents at 52 causes me anxiety...lol...

• Posted

and thankyou so much lisa i will keep you updated with everything and how im feeling and ill come to you if i need a chat smile thanks again from carmella 

• Posted

It sounds like you are speaking about my life! I also have anxiety which I've had for years...I used have panic attacks so much I thought it would never stop...I finally found a good psychiatrist that got me on the right meds so I don't really have them anymore...still and always have the anxiety it's just not as intense...I've been really sick for several years with 2 separate chronic conditions...had to move to another state to be with my parents about 9 years ago when I got really bad and couldn't work or take care of myself and my dog (who has always been a life line for me). I'm hoping that after your surgery you will get physically better and better able to focus on getting emotionally better...have you gone to a psychiatrist so you can get on some meds that can help you? I feel like this the first step so things don't seem bad as they do now. If you need someone I'm here

• Posted

Thankyou so very much for replying to me i feel so sorry for what you have been through to you sound like you have been through alot., and yes anxiety is one of the worst feelings which make the illness even worse to deal with i find and then it make you feel so down. I am getting help with my anxietyand even more now because it has got so bad since being ill but my oppointment is not for another week so hopefully that should help when i go to that. Its just so hard feeling this ill everyday and waiting for surgery, im also feeling scared about the surgery to as its my first one but at the same time i cant wait aswell so im not in pain all the time.Im also scared incase i still get panic attacks this bad after and feel down still after the surgery because its been going on for so long, But i am getting help for it so hopefully it will get sorted in the end. i feel really sorry for what you have been through to and hope you feel better now and thankyou so much for replying to me your message really helped smile from carmella

• Posted

Oh honey you are so much like me...I take my thinking to the enth degree thinking the worst of everything that could possibly happen...I still do that even with meds...I've had several and I mean several surgeries and if I can ease your mind at all its really not horrible especially if it's gonna make you better. You'll wake up and be so amazed that the pain is gone so look forward to that. That being said I start begging for anxiety meds as soon as they take me back...drive them crazy asking and maybe they can get some one from anesthesia to see you faster...you have to see them first then the dr will approve it and you will feel so much more relaxed...make sure when you see your dr for the anxiety and depression that you tell him everything you're feeling ...hopefully they can start you on something sooner than later cuz meds take a couple weeks or so to get into your system to where you can feel the difference...if I'm writing you too much Carmella please let me know...believe it or I've been really sick with my illness for the last couple months to a point where I just wanted to die and for the first time in I can't remember how long I feel great...not even just good but great and that just doesn't happen for me unfortunately so I'm running my mouth...so sorry

• Posted

Omg carmella. How similar to my last year! I had my gallbladder removed in june after 12 mths of agony. In the last 6 weeks prior to durgery they had to prescribe oral morphine as it was excruciating. Within a fortnight after keyhole surgery i felt marvellous physically. I have had 23 yrs of migraine too which caused the lack of other strong painkillers to work & for my anx to worsen and depression also. Hope u get ur surgery asap. Xxx

• Posted

HI amanda thanks for replying.Im so sorry you had to go through this aswell its the most horrible thing ever and having the anxiety and making you feel so down all the time from being so ill.There is also so many symptoms with gallstones aswell which scares me because i seem to always get new symptoms which then end up making me panic moresad Ive now got to the point where i am on a low fat to no fat diet and can only eat bread and low fat soup and im in pain everyday. i just cant wait for my date for the surgery now so i can start to hopefully feel abit better and get my life back. Thankyou again for your message it has really helped smile from carmella xx

• Posted

Hi hun sorry for delayed reply. U will feel great once its done . Obv a bit sore as expected a few days after i got fed up... but that soon got better i can eat normally again. The pain between shoulder blades gone, pain in ribs and side gone. Youll be so much better. But yes having anxiety alongside sucks!! Hoping yr op is soon ;0) xx kp us posted x
    • Posted

Hi hun thankyou so much i hope i do feel better because i feel so tierd of feeling like this its been happening over 3 months sad im so happy you feel much better now. What kind of symptoms did you get before the surgery? i get really strange symptoms like a flu type feeling and tierd and weak all the time with pain in my right side all the time even when i have not eaten and it radiates up and down my stomach, i also get alot of pain on my right side when i sit up for to long sad but like you said hopefully all this will go when i have the surgery and it definitely sucks having anxiety with it to. ill keep you updated on everything hun and thankyou so much xx

• Posted

Hi hun lots of ryt sided pain ecspec under the ribs. Discomfort on sitting in certain positions too long. Having eating or not. The tiredness was bad as it affected my sleep so much. Also felt sick lots of the time . Xx its definately something thats great once yr well after surgery. Xxxx
    • Posted

Thanks hun just wanted to make sure my symptoms where just the gallbladder and nothing else smile Ill keep you updated with the surgery and let you know when i get my surgery date smile xxx

• Posted

Sounds v much like mine although if youre worried or in too much pain on the meantime see yr dr. & okies hope u dont wait too long xx ;0)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.