Feeling down..is it normal

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello everyone,,

Today has been one of those slow sad days,5 weeks post op and just feeling as though everything is moving so slowly..I want to get out there and walk like i used to,without getting knackered,go places without this knee swelling up like a football..I know its got to be slow,but does anyone else feel like this at times,I know it will get better and faster,maybe just feeling sorry for myself today...x

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

your entitled to feel sorry for yourself we all did it  your after a major surgery  !!!! give yourself a break  timing is about right for you to be feeling like this .  its hard when you just want to get back to normal living i myself found the last 2 and a half years very hard  as i had complications after bi lateral back in 2012 and ive had 2 more major surgerys since then one of them being a revision im now nearly twelve mths post op and i begining to see my life ahead ,you will probably be way ahead of me by then and i do hope so . you will get days and sometimes weeks like this but because you dont have complications  (thank god) you will see less of them in the weeks ahead try to get out more its the only way to perk you up even if its only for a coffee 
    • Posted

I agree Linda. I tookyself out for lunch and coffee today and felt a lot better afterwards. Good advice.
  • Posted

Hi Lou, I had a bad day yesterday , at knee club my bend was still only 85 same as last week, my problem was me!!! The day before I had done some gardening then some walking round asda and later after tea went to visit friends so by yesterday morning when physio went to measure my bend my leg was so swollen , I was told off very nicely and told to rest for 48 hrs and ice and elevate which I have been doing, but when I start moving it just all swells up again!!!!!  It sent me into emotional meltdown so yesterday I cried at the slightest thing and today I'm still not myself I'm sooo fed up now, just want to get back to some normality.
    • Posted

i did that one time . i was doing great really going for it working hard at straightening and bend but i did a stupid thing going to the gym early the morning i also had physio  so by the time i went to physio about 2hrs after gym i was so tired i could hardly bend or straighten much like you i was told off in the nicest possible way i tell you i didnt feel so cocky after . so now its one day at a time and il get there
    • Posted

Hi chris,

I feel for you i really do,that was me last friday,we have the builders in and they had left a box of tiles in the way,so me being me i picked  them up and moved them,felt ok at the time but during the evening my knee must of trebled in size,god i was so in a panic,i could hardly ben the knee let alone do exercises,so i had to spend the next 3/4 days elevating and icing my knee..only today does it feel normal again,i was at physio today,got 100 degrees and he was happy with me,but i always feel i am not doing enough..As he said to me,i must stop beating myself up..im longing to get back into my garden,but apart from a little dead heading i dont do anything else,it will still be there in a few months time..take care chris and keep smiling,but the low days are crap,i just end up crying and sleeping in the hopethat i wake up feeling better..xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.