feeling emotional 😞

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya all im suffering with Graves disease (over active) got bloods done on friday to check levels again for my review on 1st septmeber the past week or two I have been feeling down and emotional and its really making me feel upset has or does anyone feel like this? Xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Also ive been having numbness is my toes?
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer. .. sometime I feel exactly the same but bloods are ok. Think its just one of those things that come with graves. If you feel it's going on a bit to long you might need to speak to your gp. I take 30mg of citalopram to keep my mood stable. I haven't experienced numbness in my toes but I get alot in my hands and fingers. Sometimes can be like pins and needles. Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply I have suffered with depression in the past my doctor said his was probably caused by my thyroid if this feeling carrys on I will go back the doctors, the feeling of the depression is not nice at all, mine just feel numb like the feeling you get where your feet are very cold. 
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer.  I have Graves disease too, had thyroidectomy.  Yes, I feel very up and down with my emotions, angry,crying, sad, then ok.  I find the best thing for me is beign outside in the countryside, doing gentle walks with friends, cycling, swimming and hanging out with those friends who are easy going and kind.  Also watchign really gentle films (like All Creatures Great and Small !), avoiding as much stress as is possible.  Be gentle with yourself and know that things do calm down in time as your hormones stabilise.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply appreciate that I think maybe with the 6 weeks holidays with my eldest been off and been on the go constantly maybe catching up on me worrying if my two kids have been out on days out enough when really deep down I know they have been out more than enough my partner works 12 hour shifts so running the house also maybe to much on me sometimes with two little ones and dealing with this Graves, I think I need to stop been so hard on myself sometimes x
    • Posted

Hi.  I had Graves' disease and three weeks ago I had a thyroidectomy. Are you still considered to have Graves' disease if you remove the thyroid?  By the way.....what a relief to have it out I feel like a million bucks. All symptoms have hone away. I'm on my medicine to replace the hormones and live a ful active life.  For any body else considering it....it worked great for me!!
  • Posted

Yes that's exactly the feeling I get. I have noticed I feel cold more since been diagnosed. Also anxiety can cause this kind of feeling too. So maybe linked. See how you go. And speak to doctor. My depression became to much for me with children and relationship breakdown I needed tablets. Just remember you not alone. We all feel the same.  People don't realise when you have graves it's a daily fight xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer. I also have bouts of sadness/depression. I take 40mg of carbizamole which probably keeps me sane most of the time. However my lows go quite low. I think sometimes we try to take on too much then stress ourselves out. I agree with Blackberry..try to have time outside and enjoy yourself more. My numbness is also in my hands and fingers but not my toes. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.