Feeling empty and pointless

Posted , 6 users are following.

I can't even be bothered typing anymore, even when people are nice to me I just still feel the same, daily I think about ending my life, and I'm struggling to make friends and make any effort, I just don't know what to do anymore, my favourite bit  of the day is going to bed . 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've been feeling the same. I started with an anxious period in July, started a new job and stopped seeing someone. I have just felt so alone and like there is nothing good. I have cried pretty much every day since prob the end of June. However in the last few days I have started to feel slightly different - I sang in the car and I really noticed a sunrise. I haven't cried this evening. It takes time for things to change. Sometimes it feels like everything goes wrong at once and we struggle to see what we do have going for us. 

Things take time. And I know that is the worst thing to hear as I know I would do anything to not feel how I feel today but I know somewhere in me I have improved since a month ago.

Take care xxxx

• Posted

I can really understand that feeling...... empty !!! just a numb existence
  • Posted

Is that your dog Pugglet!? 

Think about him/her...When my days are low and lost I think about my son and I'm overwhelmed by a need to get better for him. He needs me and I owe it to him to get back to where I was.

Sometimes it's hard to find them feelings but that's what depression does. It fades everything into insignificance. The only thoughts that cross our minds are about how we are feeling. 

I remind myself everyday that I love my son. I have dedicated my life to making sure he's had the love and support he needs. I don't feel anything now but I know deep down I love him more than all the world.

Dont let depression trick you into thinking nothing is worthwhile. Don't let it trick you into thinking you have lost you.

You and all your feelings are still there. For some of us,it just takes a while to get back to where we where but we will get back xx

• Posted

G,Day pugglet101 Dont say that Man i have been many places i dont like Loosing my Wife an Son he was just 21 years old pull your self together how will your friends handle it if you did a silly thing there are Many Many people like you and me who cant walk ,speak ,Feed them selves and they still live life pull your self together Mate ring me if you need some on eto talk to but im in Australia i thought of doing what your Thinking but how would my Kids feel if i toffed myself dont be so selvish think of your Family first ring Life Line they will help you Please ring your HELP LINE OK Now ?
  • Posted

Like the others, pugglet, I can sympathise with how you're feeling. The feeling of absolutely nothing is really hard to bear. But I can promise you that there IS a way forward for you. Like gillian says, try to focus on something you love, your dog maybe? It sounds patronising, but it does take time and inch by inch things will improve and eventually you WILL turn that corner. My own journey was hellishly long but I am living proof that you can go to absolutely rock bottom and come back up again and live a normal life once more. Please dont give up because there is a life out there waiting for you when the time is right. I do wish you all the very best. x
  • Posted

Hi Puglglet....Is this your gorgeous little dog?I have 2 dogs and if it weren't for them I am certain I would not be here.I go through similar to you,waking up in the morning....Wondering how I am going to plough through yet another day.Depression is a real bummer to deal with...But your little dog needs you!I have so many issues:abandonment,rejection...Loss..Fear:you name it!But I couldn't abandon my babies!..I love to escape in sleep too...Do get out with your dog for walks (this is if this IS your dog!)as it can elevate your mood.Hopefully this will pass.All the best,Sally x

P.S.It is very humbling to see how supportive and kind people are on this forum...I guess no one can understand our hurts more than each other.Life is soooo tough at times...

• Posted

It is hard making good friends in today's society but take care and I hope things improve soon, you're worth it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.