Feeling extremely bad after a break up?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Me and my ex would of been together 5 years this month. She ignored me for 2 days, spoke to me for a bit today then not since. She knows I have extreme anxiety if I don't know if she got home from work okay, but she still ignored me.

I've tried texting her a couple of times but she said to leave her until she's ready which was yesterday. So I don't want to bombard. I just feel physically sick, I don't know if she's okay, anything could of happened.

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

It seems your ex is determined to create some space.5 yrs is long.A few yrs ago I split with someone.I felt she wasnt for me.It was 9 months relationship.So we had our final argument as we argued a lot.We used to text from 6 inthe morning to 10 at night when we werent together .After we seperated everytime my ringtone for text msg went off a rush of happiness went through me to dissapointment that it wasnt her.Even though I initiated break.Your ex must have feelings for you and needs to have space .I maan we cant just tun a relationship off like a switch.I understand you are worried about her.It is complicated.I am sure if something bad has happened somebody you know in common would let you know.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I would hope her family or friends would let me know if something happened. She ignored me for two days then contacted me but nothing since. It worries me as she's not been on any social media and she normally does.

She said that she's over me after 2 days. But if you can get over someone in two days when it was a 5 year relationship, then I musnt of meant much to her.

Same with us, we used to talk constantly as we live 3 hours away, but now I've heard nothing and I have extremely bad anxiety.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I understand there is now a big void.So you are doing the right thing not to bombard.I feel you need to get around other people for company.She probably wouldnt have stayed with you for 5 yrs if she didnt care for you.Try I feel you need to get with other people .company is very good at a time like this.I know that it works for me.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well i go to work Monday-Friday and being around people at work helps smile I'm just terrified she's found someone else. If she can get over me in 2 days. Plus the fact she's not replying/not online makes me feel she's with someone else sad
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes it is an incredibly bad feeling. Can you get out next weekend.Maybe it is time to take care of yourself and make plans.Take some assertive action.It seems too fast to deal but  the greatest journeys start with one step.Maybe someone around you know,or maybe someone at work has had their eye for you secretly.There must be some parties happening.Often when one door closes another door opens
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up