Feeling fedup

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies, I need a whinge so sorry in advance. I'm almost 16 weeks post A&P repair, which on the whole seems to be going well. I started with ?thrush several weeks ago and I don't seem to be able to get rid of it.

1. Given 1 pessary and cream and told to return in a week if still symptomatic, so I did

2. Given 6 day course of pessaries, everything seemed good so stopped after 3

3. All well for about a week and a half, then symptoms returned

4. Symptoms are white discharg

5. Used the 2 pessaries that I had left and went back to the drs

6. Given a further 6 day course of pessaries

7. Saw my consultant for check up who had previously told me that 2 stitches had not dissolved, seems they were still there and she said these were contributing to the thrush and that I needed more than pessaries to treat it so she gave me fluconazole for 7 days and removed the stitches.

8. Told me to continue with my phased return to work and gave me a note for a further 3 weeks. Also told me to continue with the vagifem pessary that she prescribed

9. Day 6 of fluconazole and discharge is still there.

10. Fluconazole is a medication that I'm not supposed to take so they have had to reduce the dose of some of my transplant tablets.

Sorry moan over

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Thrush is horrible. Surely your dr should have known you couldn't take that medication and that something else should have been tried. There must be more than 1 medicine for that treatment.

Hope you get it sorted soon. It starts to get you down. Keep your chin up and moan away on here if you need to. There's alway someone here to listen and reassure you. Take care.

Fi. X

• Posted

Hi, I'm okay with this medication short term. I always check with the transplant team before taking anything. Not sure they will be happy to let me take anything long term.

• Posted

Hon, you might have a resistant strain of thrush, it's been treated so many times it may no longer respond to that treatment alone. It may need a second treatment along with first to kill all the thrush. If even one spore is left it will regrow. I've got superbugs that CDC gets involved in my cases often as one antibiotic or anti fungal will no longer do the trick. I now have to take two at once or stagger them so they completely kill of infection of fungus! Then I go on a prophylactic dose to ensure that it can't tak hole again. I take that usially for about one month after infection or fungus clears. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

• Posted

Hi, that doesn't sound pleasant, hope it clears soon. Not had swabs done so perhaps that will be the next stage.

• Posted

Hi Carolyn,

So sorry to hear that you are still having some problems. I do Hope that they get it all sorted very soon. Good to hear that despite all you are managing to return to work on phased basis.

I am now around 5 months post op, still only doing my 2 contract shifts nut getting really fed up being in house; having said that I'm too scared to do too much more, don't want to put my repair at risk of failing.

All feels great and vagifem working wonders vag feels very normal for 1st time in years. Will wait till 6 months post op before asking for some overtime maybe 1 more shift to start and see how it goes.

Still not cycling yet, can still get nippy if out shopping for too long so no way I can sit on my bike yet would be too uncomfortable.

Glad I've not had any infections, count myself lucky as so many ladies seem to get them.

Sincerely hope things clear up for you soon. It's the inconvenience of trekking back and forward to the docs as well as time consuming too.

Phyl ???!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.