Posted , 4 users are following.
Hi ladies, I need a whinge so sorry in advance. I'm almost 16 weeks post A&P repair, which on the whole seems to be going well. I started with ?thrush several weeks ago and I don't seem to be able to get rid of it.
1. Given 1 pessary and cream and told to return in a week if still symptomatic, so I did
2. Given 6 day course of pessaries, everything seemed good so stopped after 3
3. All well for about a week and a half, then symptoms returned
4. Symptoms are white discharg
5. Used the 2 pessaries that I had left and went back to the drs
6. Given a further 6 day course of pessaries
7. Saw my consultant for check up who had previously told me that 2 stitches had not dissolved, seems they were still there and she said these were contributing to the thrush and that I needed more than pessaries to treat it so she gave me fluconazole for 7 days and removed the stitches.
8. Told me to continue with my phased return to work and gave me a note for a further 3 weeks. Also told me to continue with the vagifem pessary that she prescribed
9. Day 6 of fluconazole and discharge is still there.
10. Fluconazole is a medication that I'm not supposed to take so they have had to reduce the dose of some of my transplant tablets.
Sorry moan over
0 likes, 5 replies