Feeling generally unwell, 8 weeks post sacrospinous hysteropexy, swollen front passage,back pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys have been feeling sore and unwell last couple of days and not getting much better wondering if I maybe have an infection. My front passage is so swollen now that front and back walls are touching. I have a light bloody discharge when I wipe after the bathroom and I also have a pain in my lower left side of my back round about the wee dent above my butt cheek and also like a stitch on my left waist area near the front (not the side of the fixation) . I've also noticed I'm occasionally leaking a bit of urine now which hasn't happened in the past 7 weeks and I'm also up needing to wee during the night again 3-4 times something I've not had to do since the op but there's no burning or pain when urinating. Anyone else had this?

1 like, 32 replies

Report / Delete

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Liz,

If I were you I would take a urine sample and go to see your gp, it could be a urine infection, they don't always burn, but going more often is a possible sign.

I had a bad one a couple of weeks after op,,and felt really ill, it was cloudy when I wee'd and frothy in the loo.

Antibiotics cleared it quite quickly. Don't wait too long.x.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

liz get to see your GP (if you're in the UK) tomorrow because despite no burning when you pee that doesn't mean you haven't a UTI or a vulval infection. If you can't get an appointment ask to speak to the doctor explaining you have had recent surgery. Keep drinking lots, which you already know but don't put up with these symptoms because as most ladies on this forum know what I regularly say.....pain hinders recovery. Keep in touch 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Aw Matron lovely to see you back. I'm going to phone my GP first thing for an appointment tommorrow he's very good at fitting you in at short notice. I'll take a sample with me hope he doesn't want to have a look though. Will let you know how I get on . Thanks again

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yip I had same. None of the usual expected UTI symptoms. Pretty well what your having. Lab results came back saying ecoli infection in bladder. AB's fixed it. I left mine 3wks as was confused as to whether or not what was happening was normal. Hindsight is a wonderful thing & I learnt to not leave it that long ever again.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi just back from the doctors he said my urine was cloudy and had blood in it so he's given me 5 days worth of ciprofloxacin and is sending the urine away for testing and cultures. And says the results of that may end in a change of antibiotics.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up