Feeling good this morning!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 5 weeks and 1 day post op for anterior and posterior repair of pelvic floor. Starting to manage much more, doing more light household tasks, on my feet much more, but still taking it easy, no more nippy feelings and no spot bleeding. Swelling down a little and only a little uncomfortable down below. Doing a little and resting lots, but definitely feels much different from last week.

Sun is shining but still to cold to sit out, and daffodils are dancing in three breeze, can't wait for summer. Missing my swimming and cycling, not sure if I will be able to return to cycling at 12 weeks post op, my teenager is eyeing up my bike as she is too big for her own now!

Fed up reading and watching films, need to find something new to do.

Cut bank my lactose to 5 ml twice a day , works if I remember to take before breakfast and dinner. Doing my pelvic floor exercises 3 times a day (10 quick, 10 long), will start to add another to take me to 4 times a day.

Still not hovering, mopping, ironing or doing heavy washing loads will leave that till week 7/8. Be good if we could fast forward time and by pass recovery.

Have my GP check next week to see if I am ready for light office work or leaving return till 12 weeks, also got a wedding a week on Fri, dreading hos I'm going to be after hours of standing/ sitting about, will stay for ceremony and meal but will then head home. Will probably put me back some, but don't want to look like I'm snubbing them!

Hope you are all making good progress too, and good luck too those still waiting for op, and please take things easy, those who rake it easy and rest plenty seem to recover quickest as you can't rush recovery.

Phyl xx

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Glad to hear your sounding well Phyllis I'm 4 weeks today and on the whole have felt good but starting to worry now that it's not work as over the last couple of days I have the sensation of something just "being there" that i didn't have before - am sure I'm being paranoid but all the same can't wait for my check up to hopefully be told that all is ok
    • Posted

Deborah,

I had that feeling too for a few days, I might be wrong but I think it was because the swelling was starting to come down, at same time was getting nippy and felling as if I had overdone things.

If you check a lot of the comments on forum seems to be around 4/6 weeks as we are starting to walk more and potter around house, the wounds must start healing around same time and stitches start to loosen as wounds tighten up resulting in swelling going down and I think we become aware of the slightly swollen walls.

I think as long as we don't overdo thinks and continue to take progress slowly everything should heal OK,

It is great to have this forum and of course matron is invaluable source of info, this has kept me from rushing to get back on my feet too quick.

I'm sure you will find a big difference by next week when you compare with this week.

Hope your check up goes well,

Phyl xx

• Posted

That's exactly how I have felt the last couple of days nippy and the sensation of having over done it the minute I stand up- I became paranoid that I lifted something heavy and had undone all the good work - really reassuring to hear you experienced similar - on the positive side it's made me so paranoid that I'm resting more now than I did the day I got out of hospital 😂 - it also serves as a reminder not to go mad when I hit the magic 6 week mark!
    • Posted

It's always good to rest plenty, can't go wrong there. ☺☺☺
  • Posted

Thanks for your post Phyllis.  It's really good to read something positive.  I'm due in on Monday 11th for my op.  
    • Posted

Good luck with your op on Monday, hope all goes well, and remember to take it slow and easy during recovery

Phyl xx

• Posted

Good luck with your op claire - I'm 4 weeks post op and have a pretty good straightforward recovery so far -except 1 day when I took my painkillers on an empty stomach 😳 and the couple of days at the start of this week when things just "felt" a bit different but like Phyl  it lasted a couple days and today I am feeling back to normal again. 

Just get plenty of rest when you get home - I was probably on my feet more than recommended in the early days but I absolutely have not done any heavy lifting- so remember to take care of yourself 

• Posted

Good luck Claire. I have my ant 18th.lots of love😘😘😘
    • Posted

Hope all goes well on Monday Claire. What op yuou having? I have my ante repair a week Monday.😢 nervous adhell😘😘😘
    • Posted

Please keep in touch with us claire after your operation. We'll all be thinking about you x
  • Posted

Hi Phyllis , so good to hear you are doing so well. Thanks for your thoughtful words. Still in pain going to message Matron. Well done you. luv xx
    • Posted

Thanks tilly, truly hope things pick up for you over next few days.

Phyl xx

• Posted

Glad to hear that you are feeling so well!!

If you don't feel up to the wedding I am sure they understand.  It isn't snubbing them if you can't go bc you are recovering from surgery and it is too much.  It would be great if you were well enough to go with no setbacks but if you aren't, that's OK too.

• Posted

Hi dorryc,

Only 30 min drive there , my sister ( mother of the bride) has said I can use the room they have booked to go lie down if need be . But dreading the meal, it takes so long getting through all the courses! Will stay for ceremony, go for rest and hopefully manage to sit through dinner. Many thanks ,

Phil xx

Hope thinks are going well for you too!

• Posted

My son got married 9 weeks after my operation and for him and his lovely wife I kept going. Didn't think I could do it but I really surprised myself and lasted the day. 
    • Posted

That's very encouraging to hear matron. I'm looking forward to 9 week point now!

☺ Phyl xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.