Feeling great two weeks after surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi everyone. I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and I am now fully recovered. I was in pain for a few days after the surgery, but I stopped taking painkillers 6 days after surgery as I didn't need them at that point. My incisions have all fully healed. I haven't had any diarrhoea or any other symptoms. I am able to eat the same foods that I have always eaten. I feel completely fine and normal. I would like to wish everyone else good luck with their recoveries.

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing this. I am going to be having the surgery soon and I have been very anxious about it. With all the horror stories being shared, it's nice to see something positive.

• Posted

Great news smile thanks for posting, I am due to have mine out in 6 weeks, so this is reassuring after al the other stories in here.
  • Posted

So good to hear a positive outcome. I know five others who've had the same experience as you. I think most people do have a positive outcome so they don't normally post on sites like this.

I feel my outcome is also positive, despite my cholecystectomy leading to a cancer diagnosis. I had to have a liver resection only five weeks after the first surgery but I am in the clear at present (3months post surgery) and the most positive thing in my case is that the cancer was discovered early through the cholecystectomy. Most gallbladder cancers aren't found until they're inoperable so having my gallbladder removed may have saved my life.

Cant understand why people delay this surgery and risk worse happening. I know surgery is scary but so is the consequences of delaying it.

• Posted

That's wonderful to hear! So pleased for you! Really encouraging. I hope I have the same experience after I have mine removed. 😊

• Posted

Hi Sergregor,

I'm also two weeks post surgery. I seen my Dr yesterday for my post surgery appointment. Everything looked good and all. I also stopped taking those pain meds a week ago. In all I'm doing good! I'm not 100% My Dr said it would take at least a month before I'm completely healed; my incisions are still a bit uncomfortable if I lay on my stomach. I still can only eat small meals and I eat low fat/cholesterol foods.

Hope all is well!!

• Posted

So glad that you're feeling much, much better!  Remember that you've had major surgery; your inside incisions must still knit together. It may take up to 8 weeks.  Please don't over do it and hurt yourself! 

• Posted

I am pleased to hear that as I had mine just over two weeks ago. the consultant said still take it easy as we still have stitches we cannot see are still healing within our body. I feel well and my stitches have healed. I shall still be cautious because I am acting out their advise. I am so glad the gb as gone and feeling wonderful. Glad you are well.
    • Posted

Hi. Glad to hear that you have been doing well also. It's been two weeks for me also and I've been taking it easy as my dr said it would take atleast a month until I'm completely healed.

• Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling well. I went food shopping this afternoon and completely shattered. It does take time and taking Day by day. Hope you continue to improve.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up