Feeling hopeless

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm feeling pretty low again. Some times I feel ok and others I just get so low and I don't know why. 

I feel hopeless like life will be like this forever. The only reason why I get up in the morning Is for my children. If it wasn't for them and my partner I don't know where I would be. Sorry for the moan. 

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey ann...You are not alone.I feel very much the same a lot of the time,the only difference being that it's my dogs that get me up and running....I agree it often feels infinite,but I've found over the years it does pass.It's very up and down this thing it seems.But sometimes I feel like I've been given a life sentence!Sending you good thoughts:the only way is up!!! x x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you. It is nice to know i'm not alone even though thats how i feel. Its horrible because i know i should be happy having a partner and two children. Sending good thoughs to you as well. xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can relate. I don't have a partner and children to get up for though. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks - I'm ok. I am better during the week when I'm at work so I have to get up. I've spent time with my mum this weekend so that's been nice. I used to work weekends too but I think I burnt myself out earlier this year so I'm trying to take it easy but keep going too - trying to find the right balance. It's so hard. 

I feel so sad at the moment. I am getting myself to the gym and work which is good. I'm filling my body with rubbish food though so I know that doesn't help. 

I need to contact the doc to get my thyroid levels checked as it has been a few months since I had that and my iron levels checked. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You're definitely not alone. I sometimes don't get up till lunch time. Husband and adult kids are out at work and sometimes think what's the point. Normally I'd be up and about around 7.30am. Shower, hair done and make up on, meet up with a couple of friends 2 or 3 times a week, light lunch good old natter and shop for a couple of hours, then home and cook dinner.

Every so often my anxiety takes over and I don't go out, can't be bothered about my

appearance and doss around in pjs watching tv 24/7. Can last from a couple of days to a week. If you can accept that some days will be better than others it may help. You don't say if you are taking any meds at all.  Anti-depressants can be helpful and along with counselling or CBT or both can change your life and the opportunity to enjoy your children and the start of a new life. Hope you go on ok.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you. I used to be up by 8am like you all showered and ready to go. Since having my son 3 months ago I've just lost the will. I used to shower everyday now sometimes i go 3/4 days which i hate. I don't really bother with how i look, none of my clothes fit as lost 20lbs in the last 12 weeks though not wanting to eat. 

Im not on meds but have had CBT but unfortunetly it didn't work. I think i might just have to accept that i will have good and bad days. Hope things are ok for you  xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have to agree.... i feel the same.

Zero motivation !!! i have just been on a CBT course and didnt help me.

One thing though is that you are not alone.... this site does help in realising that

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello from another Anne.  I feel the same whether on anti depressants or not.  Up and down, up and down.  Mornings always bad.  Don't sleep very well.  Yup hopeless.  I've been like this for over 20 years.  Not as bad as it was, but still get low.

I think it is probably common with depression.  I live alone, and am elderly, so I try to keep myself occupied as best I can.  Hate being in alone. 

You carry on moaning, as we all want a moan too.  Let us support each other. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you. Its normally morning and evening for me, or all day like today. Not sleeping very well doesn't help i don't think, i have that problem as well. My mind just doesn't seem to want to shut down. 

It does help having people i can talk to. Hope your ok today x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up