Feeling hopeless and overwhelmed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, I feel like ive been on here a lot lately but i'm feeling like if i dont talk to someone i will lose my mind. I'm 20 and until up to a year ago was hardly ever stressed or anxious. Ive self diagnosed health anxiety as i believe ive got a serious illness every day, am constatly googling my symptoms and feel the illest ive ever fealt. I can keep going to my GP as i am at university and arent registered with a GP here. I recently had a blood test which came back with "inflammation" which I am panicking about because ive read that this can be a sign of cancer or tumor and ive just had an ultrasound in my stomach which i havent had the results for , the doctors arent worried. I need reassurance on my symptoms because I cant sleep with worry that ive got a brain tumor and bowel cancer. this has been going on for 4 monhs. My symptoms:

ibs (cramps, bloating, irregularity, looseness)

twitching all over my body

headaches

really sore neck everyday, more so as the day progresses

shaking

constant worrying thoughts

lack of concentration

sore stomach when pressing and touching

chest pain

muscle aches

thoughts of being missdiagnosed

very jumpy and easy to scare

thoughts of dying

a panick attack

feeling feint and zoned out

a feeling of panick when falling asleep

awful oily skn causing acne.

getting ill a lot (colds etc)

Ive got it in my head that cancer has spread all over my body and i want endless tests to disprove this , but with this being my final year at uni it just isnt practical. Can anyone relate? or have any advice or tips that can put my mind at ease. I feel as though im going insane!

Thanks

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes we need to off load as so difficult coping with this by ourselves.  I had a terrible night with anxiety and panics, and when I eventually managed to get up I wanted to talk to someone who understood.  I am glad I feel less alone because of you and the other people on here, and I hope you benefit too knowing we are here and understand.  Living alone makes it very difficult for me.  I think if we can all keep posting here, it will help.  Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.