Feeling hopeless on setraline. Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I would really love some advice on this. I feel like I've reached out to every possible outlet and keep feeling like I'm left out on a limb. I even texted a crisis line and they haven't gotten back.

I've been dealing with anxiety/OCD/depression since childhood. Recently it's spiraled out of control. I once stayed up nearly two days straight in October because I was anxious and having heart palpitations when I would try to sleep. This frightened me and I sought out medical help. My doc prescribed setraline at 25mg with .25 xanax as needed. Got bumped to 50mg. Things were rough then got better. Then as I started to self wean off the xanax I spiraled back down. Monday I was bumped to 100mg but put back down to 75mg to see if that helps.

Now I have difficulty eating because I am afraid I will continue to vomit after eating and I still can't seem to.get to sleep. I feel like my heart races then stops.

I'm jus wondering if this is me. Is it the setraline. Will I ever see relief? I can't keep going like this. I'm thinking of committing myself but I've heard bad things about that too. sad Please help.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jessi

This isnt going to help I know, but it is all in your head.

I have suffered greatly like you from a very early age, even to the point of suicide.

No tablets or councilling helped, so I turned to the only place left to me and that was God.

No church, no religion, no cult, he isnt there.

He is in all of us and you only have to ask, and keep asking.

It is against everything your brain will conceive, because it wants you to suffer, dont ask me why, but its crazy in there and the more confused you get the more it likes it,

Its like a monster stalking you all the time and a little voice in the background crying for help.

The only way to defeat it is to not listen to it, try and stop the conversations you are having with yourself, whats the worst that can happen? you will die!

Thats what it wants you to fear, so if you can change your thought to say hay ho, if thats what is going to happen then lets not worry about it, its got to be better than what im going through at the moment.

Most illnesses stem from our understanding in this world.

Well the world is wrong and you are caught up in it.

Stop looking inward, stop analising sensations, stop being fearfull of everything.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself, its a destroyer and wants you to be destroyed.

I have been free from this monster only a short time, no doctors helped, no councilling.

You have to find out the cause and God is the only one that knows, and he is in you to help if you want it.

But you must listen.

God bless you.

• Posted

I'm trying very hard to I fear He has decided that I'm not good enough to save from this. sad
    • Posted

You have made me so sad,

We all feel lost in this world.

I have been lucky and he helped me, but I did have to fight.

The main thing is not to look for God to give you what you want, he gives you what you need.

Sit down with nobody around and look inside your mind, I bet your thoughts are like a hundred people all talking in the back ground.

Its deafening.

Tell them to stop, tell them you dont want to listen to them anymore, try and stop just one thought then attack the others, everything you are fearing is rubbish, everything that you think you need you dont.

Get rid off all the things that bring you stress.

The time is coming when we will all have to make a choice.

You can do it, it takes great guts and will power but in you you have a friend who can help you.

• Posted

Jess some of us get anxiety attacks/panic attacks and your mouth dries up and you cannot swallow, go see Doc get heart checked out  like my daughter did and the Doc said their is nothing wrong with your heart it is only a panic attack but the Doc never made light of it.  So when you get a dry mouth instead of panicking suck a sweet or a peppermint and say to self calm and breathe.  It is you getting tied up in a knot inside.  Just be calm and breath as you would do.  It wont hurt you and take a sip of water if need be.  My Daughter gets them and she finds this helps but if she panics they get worse so she sits for a while until she is okay xx

Good luck and remember see Doc and then peppermints for dry mouth and a water.  Try not to panic as that makes it worse, relax and calm okay ?

• Posted

I would stay on sertraline at 100mg. Stay in they dose for long term. It takes a while to build up in your system. Sometimes weeks to a month even. Eventually you will start to feel in control again. Also start exercising. When you get all crazy panicked go for a walk. Get out of the house and into fresh air. Deep breaths! You will get over it. I have been here. You will be OK.

Good luck. You can do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.