Feeling horrible with head anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

My head feels so weird, it feels like something is crawling under my scalp, and I feel like a buzzing sensation on the right side of my head under my scalp. I have had a dull headache off and on. I jus t feel out of it and like I'm not in control. I feel numb in my face sometimes my list goes on and on. I just want my relief back. These head sensations are the worst but my anxiety goes from my head to my back to my chest ogs just a vicious cycle in going through and then I'll go days with feeling great.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i feel the same thing in my head as well.dont worry xx
    • Posted

I get it around my left eye and it does my head in sometimes I feel something wet on.my head but when i feel my head nothing is there
    • Posted

I thought it was just me I say to my wife about it but she thinks I am going mad how can i get rid of it
    • Posted

Only way is too relax and not worry but easier said than done if I could do that I wouldn't be on the forum and be struggling with anxiety myself

• Posted

I have the same things when I am anxious. In fact, I had a few anxiety attacks that have me what felt like brain zaps - I had the same feeling when I was withdrawing from an SSRI a few years ago.... They can be horrible and frightening but they are also very common with anxiety.

It happens, it frightens you and you panick. Panick makes you run from the sensation and not deal with it. This allows the feeling to govern you.

Accept it is anxiety and ride it like a wave... Next time it comes back - which it will - say 'this is anxiety' and ride it through once more. Gradually it loses its power because it no longer frightens you.

Then you will need to adjust yourself to whatever else anxiety throws at you. But you can do it smile

• Posted

And you are right, it is easier said than done... But we have no alternative. Anxiety turns you into a silent warrior that has to battle every single day... I think so, anyway.

• Posted

Thanks it's always reassuring to here that its only anxiety, especially due to the fact I've had my brain and head MRI and all was clear. But it still scares me and the fact that I am under a lot of stress and I'm.in a unhealthy unhappy relationship it makes things worse

• Posted

Did you ever find that migrane ice pack wrap?it does feel good.all you can do is try and do meditatiions, motrin or headache medicine and wait it out. You know by now you do get some good days mixed in. Anxiety is rough.and jenni your diet needs to be healthy. Fast foods and burgers and milk shakes suck for migrane headaches. I know you know that but it makes them worse. Diary has been shown to cause problems in some people. Just keep saying to yourself it will pass and think about the good days that will follow all this. I do that and it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.