Feeling hot.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Does anyone in the bronchiectasis group feel hot after doing anything - light housework or something.

I also find I sweat at times too - at least that's what it feels like to me - in the back of my neck and over the lung areas in my back.

The rest of me is ok and my skin does not feel warm just wet.

{For the ladies in the group it's a peculiar feeling a bit like the menopause hot flush. }

Any thoughts? Or should I make an appointment to see my GP and ask what's going on..

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel you need to be guided by whether you feel poorly with this.If you have an infection you will sweat with fever and feel generally more ill than before.Bear in mind that it will take more out of you than any healthy person. If you feel ill then see your Doctor but dont always see your Doctor if you are not ill,if the nature of your sputum changes from normal this also could indicate the start of an infection. Sorry I cant be more supportive but I ,being a man, dont get hot flushes as such but sometimes I find I sweat more with a little effort but I dont feel poorly with it.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Charles.

My temperature is normal and I don't feel feverish or ill.

I have an appointment with the practice nurse on Wednesday to get blood taken. I'll mention it then.

• Posted

Mention it before bloods because she/he may take other bloods that may help with identtify infection .
    • Posted

Thank you for replying, Charles. That's a good idea, I will mention it before getting blood taken.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.