feeling ill all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does any one feel ill all time from when they get up until they go to bed. I feel like like I've got the worst cold but with no runny nose or head ache, just feel like poo all the time. All I can think is I've got cancer or some illness that's gone undiagnosed. Maybe it's lack of sleep. I got to sleep around 12.30 mist nights I get up around 7.30 so I would assume that's enough sleep. Any ideas? And if any one else feels the same. I do suffer from health anxiety don't know if that makes you feel like that.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yep, typical health anxiety!! I was convinced many years ago that I had cancer, fortunately I didn't but I had panic attacks over it.  It sounds to me like dpression.
    • Posted

Could be, having bad time with miss and work. And health is on the poor side.How did you feel better.
    • Posted

Oh had myself checked out to convince me, breasts checked, smear tests etc.,  I was reasonably satisfied then and the anxiety gradually wore off.
  • Posted

I felt like that when I started on citalopram (an AD).  I found I felt a little better in the evenings. Do you?   It turned out to be lack of sleep caused by the AD.  I needed more than 8 hours sleep and was getting almost none for weeks.

You should know if 7 hours is enough for you.

If it is then you have depression. Depression and anxiety often go together.

• Posted

No I don't think so I think a least 8 to 9 is good for me to be honest. And yeah evenings do seem better normally. Except last like where I did 14 hour day. Thanks for replying knowing you lot have had the same crap takes yr mind of it being something really bad like cancer. Thanks people
    • Posted

I have not tried melatonin as recommended by Misssy so do not know how effective it is.   If it is not, there are plenty of sleeping tablets your doctor can prescribe.  Personally I take a low dose of  mirtazapine - that took away my sleep problems straight away.  
  • Posted

Yes I totally get this as I feel rubbish most days. Had anxiety nearly 10 years and it's got worse over the last 3 now the doctors say it's all health anxiety. Most days are a struggle to even function. I get a lot of physical symptoms that make me panic like heart attack ect but the doctors just don't seem to care much. And I think they think people with anxiety ect are just melodramatic
  • Posted

I may have replied to another post of yours...for sleep get melatonin.

If you a need a Dr. to prescribe it in the UK get a Dr to prescribe it.  When I wasn't sleeping I didn't feel well all day either.

In the US Melatonin is in the isle with vitamins - kids can buy it for Godsake..its not dangerous....doesn't even have a "locking" mechanism on the cap.

• Posted

Thanks I'm going to book doctors appointment now to get some. I'm the same today. Struggling to get up so late for work and I'm hid in stores just trying to rest as i feel so ill. Thanks for replying all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.