Feeling kinda scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was on 10mg for 4 days. The doctor told me to take 5mg for a week and then back to 10mg. The weeks almost here and i am scared of how the side effects are going to make me feel.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debra the best thing to do is not to read up about the side affects because I think our anxiety makes us belive we have all of them. I'm on week 7 now taking 20mg. At first I had heightened anxiety trouble sleeping and a dry mouth I also felt a bit weird sometimes. After the first 2 weeks the sideaffects eased of and I'm feeling a lot like myself again. I know it's hard at first but keep going with the medication and you will soon be better. Get well soon. Paul.

• Posted

Thank you for y'all your advice and encouragement. Do you know if the side effects are just as bad when you up your does?

• Posted

Hi Paul, I didnt read up on the side effects for a few years and ended up very ill and being misdiagnosed for over 3 years. Now I make a point of reading up on everything and would advise everyone to do the same. I do understand what you are saying though as felt the same way.
    • Posted

Hi again Debra hope your doing ok. I've not needed to up the dose yet so I'm not sure if the sideaffects would come back. All I know during the difficult times there's a lot of lovley people on this site who are happy to give any advise and support anytime you're feeling low. Let me know how you're getting on. Paul

• Posted

Hi Paula sorry to hear you got poorly. I just think the anxiety makes us expect the worse sometimes it's a horrible condition we suffer. I just try to make people feel better because I know what they're going through. What I should of said is not to read to much online and you're right you should always read the leaflet that comes with the medication. Hope your feeling better. Paul

• Posted

Hi Debra

I agree with everything Paul has written. 

It is hard isn't it at times, and although I usually do not like being told what to do, there are times when I am thankful for advice from someone who has also been in a similar situation as myself. I find it takes the pressure off me having to make a decision I am thinking of over and over again.

Good luck and best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Debra How are you feeling now? I would give it longer than a week, i wish doctors would not be so quick to up them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.