Feeling like a bug after anxiety??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've had anxiety on and off for 15 + years. It's been managed by venlafaxine mostly and more recently propranolol. Things over the last 2 years have become increasingly worse.

What I want to know is does anybody else have lasting effects of an anxiety attack. It makes me feel sick and have diarrhea like I've picked up a bug, that normally goes on for 2/3 days, I've got a constant bad taste in my mouth and smell for at least a week. I can't drink only sip water and food is a no no until aleast day 3 then I don't fancy nothing.this all lasts just over a week. I feel uneasy all week with anxiety too. All this has happened about 4 times. The doctors doesn't say much about it. I had blood tests everything came back normal. I dread the next time this happens. Anyone else have this???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes this is classic anxiety, I have exactly the same, the only drink water, dry mouth and funny taste, loose bowel movements, increasing passing water, and loss of appetite! I also get jittery shaky feelings too! For years when I had flare ups the doctors just said it was ibs until I had a breakdown at Christmas! I am currently on antidepressants as I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression, still waiting for right med and dose to work!
  • Posted

Hi Tina. Do you feel better taking Propranolo?
    • Posted

Hi, no not at all. They really don't do nothing for me but the doctor thinks I should continue? I've be weaned off maximum dose of venlafaxine and started on citropram because they think venlafaxine is not working anymore for me. this is my first week.

• Posted

With the problems you have I would advise you to make a list and discuss easch problem in its own right. Anxiety in this form needs further tests to make sure that these extreme moods are as said. 

Some people have extreme Anxiety problems and they can be desensitised.

If you need support we are here

BOB

• Posted

Can I ask you and everyone else what the funny taste in your mouth is like? I get it too and I have anxiety
    • Posted

What is the taste, sometimes it can be a multitude of things

Something you have eaten or do you need to see your dentist.

BOB

• Posted

Definitely not a dental issue. Nothing I've eaten because I don't eat around this time. Like I said the only way I can describe it is like when you've been poorly with sickness and diarrhoea bug

• Posted

Talk to your GP He will be able to advise, I get the same problem and in my case it seems to be something to do with an upset tummy. I take Opiate medications and NSIDs that causes some problems. Some of the medications we take over retirement age can also produce a sour taste in the mouth

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.