Feeling Like I’m Braindead

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello Ladies 

Do any of you going through menopause feel like you are getting dumber? I feel like I cannot keep up with technology like the younger girls can. I’m 55 and at my job I am the oldest and just don’t feel that I learn that easy and I forget things quickly. I can’t keep up with all the changes. It’s very frustrating and I feel the older I get the more useless I am. Just curious if anyone else feels like the brain just isn’t what it used to be,

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes.. me too.   I feel like I'm getting dumber as well.  I used to be able to keep up and do a zillion things at once.  But now, I just can't keep up.  When I was younger my grandma would say 'ohh I'm so old and slow anymore, etc.." Now I know what she meant.

• Posted

I was feeling like that but within weeks of starting HRT, it got better and now I am on HRT for 6 weeks and it's even better. I am not forgetting things or not finding the right word. Still dealing with fatigue and depression (but I've had that before this started) but my energy is better too, which means my brain works better. But yes, I was feeling like I was having dementia symptoms and everything was a chore to deal with mentally.

• Posted

Hi Catherine, I feel wonderful on HRT been off it a couple of times now brain dead when not on it ... trying to find the right words & everything a chore to deal with mentally  ... just back on it can't wait to feel normal again.

• Posted

Yes Nancy HRT for me to put it all back to normal . Had 2 come off this twice now ... Oh god horrendous symptoms .. started back on them y/day cannot wait for them to kick in .. feel so good on them ! Quality over quantity for me !
  • Posted

Sometimes I feel that way. But sometimes it's just that I don't care to keep up. Let them do it. I'm just looking towards retirement!😂😂😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.