Feeling like my breathing stopping in sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last few days i been feeling like as if something is stuck in my throat which causes my heart rate to sky rocket , on top of when i go to sleep i feel like my body is shaking and once i doze off 10 mins later im waking up with a fast heart rate and hard time breathing everytime i got to sleep !!! could this be anxiety ? i have not slept bc of this also i been having this pulling feeling in my leg and alot of indigestion like it feels like i have a burp in my throat and i have to force it to come up ! this has been runing my life

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

it is 100% anxiety. When you have health anxiety you become super sensitive to triggers as your bodily areas of concern change what they normally do. When you go to sleep your respiration and heart rate changes, which is picked up by the anxiety as a problem, and you have anxiety episodes that can wake you up.

realise it for what it is. When it happens take a few long deep breaths until you calm down, roll over and go back to sleep. Do not start worrying about your health or self monitoring. That will just reinforce it.

• Posted

yes i try to do just that but soon asni got back to sleep it does it again , like my breathing is off and it feels like a band wrapped arounf my forehead it be tight

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.