Feeling lost

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone as any1 ever felt like they had lost themselves due to anxiety and panic attacks. It’s so scary feeling like I’ve lost myself and that I can’t feel that closeness with my luv1s. The doctor told me it’s because of my anxiety and will get better as soon as the paroxatine kicks in. Can any1 relate to this at all. Any advice or reassurance please 🌹

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deb

I'm sure a lot of us can relate to how you're feeling, you're not alone in this. I still wake up full of terrible thoughts and feeling panicky, and when that phases out to just the baseline flat feeling, I feel so drained and weird. I know my family is there to support me, but anxiety can make it feel like one has their back against the wall. Hence why we might feel distant from others. It's our brain being a little too overly protective.

I'm still only 3 and half weeks in. Hoping, on the verge of praying, that I get to a turning point. We gotta keep fighting. Hearing others reassure me that this is the tough period gives me hope.

• Posted

Hi Jacob thanks for your reply. What medication are you taking. I mentioned to the doctor how I felt and he said it’s because a part of the brain does that to protect further symptoms. I just hope it goes away soon as it’s really scary 🌹

• Posted

Hi Debra. How long have you been them? I felt like this during the first 3 weeks. I couldn’t smile, everything was so serious. I have a 4 year old and she would do things which I would normally find funny. It was weird. I am feeling much more relaxed now and have picked up. X x x
    • Posted

Hi Rachel wot ad r u on. How long did it take to kick back in. I was on sertraline for 8wks. And now gone back on to paroxatine 20mgs. I’ve only been back on it for 12 days. I can’t wait for it to kick back in again. It’s really scary feeling like this ❤️
    • Posted

Hi! I have been on sertraline 7 weeks 75mg the last 5 days. It is awful hun, like a black hole. Things will improve, once tablets get into your system. X x x
    • Posted

Hope you will pick up soon. Keep in touch, let me know how you get on or just need a chat. X x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.