Feeling lost, dont know where to turn

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have struggled with my mental health for several years now, I think the catalyst being my 19 year old brother being killed in a house fire when I was 6 months pregnant with my first child. I suffer from terrible anxiety now and always think something else terrible is going to happen and I have health anxiety with both myself and my children's health and always assume the worst possible diagnosis.

At a certain time of the month for "ladies" it was always so much worse but I spoke to the doctor this time last year and she prescribed me Fluoxetine. It really started to make me feel so much better I was less anxious and I no longer had these fits of rage.

However over the past two months I feel I am back at square one - this red mist has descended again and I hate my life. I want to run away leave my husband, have no patience for my children, cant concentrate at work. I have a great life, a good husband, two healthy children, a nice house, we go good holidays but why do I feel I want more out of life all the time despite knowing the fact that I am so lucky with what I do have.

I am constantly shopping and never content with what I have, always wanting nicer clothes, a nicer house or another holiday!

I spoke at length with my husband last night and I told him I know I am being unreasonable and he said he is finding it harder and harder to deal with. Another thing I really struggle with is times, I NEED to have my kids in a bath by a certain time or I feel a melt down coming on or I need to leave the house for work by a certain time because being as much as 2 minutes late could send me over the edge.

I need to get this under control or I am going to end up destroying my relationship. Can anyone offer any advice on how I can get through this please?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I too suffer with health anxiety and think the worst. I am going through a rough time at the moment, I've stopped my anti depressants because I was fed up of feeling in a fog. Little did I know these drugs have awful withdrawal symptoms. I have always had to do things a certain way and a certain time, it's your way of dealing with your anxiety. I've tried to realise that this is not always possible. Stay  strong and positive. 😉😘

• Posted

Hi I can relate to this was on venlafaxine 150mg doing fine but weight gain dr changed me to sertraline and I had severe anxiety couldn’t sleep can’t sit still. Back to dr and changed back to venlafaxine 150mg a day and was constantly crying tired unsettled and unhappy. I too have a lovely family house holidays ect so feel terrible as I shouldn’t feel this way back to doctor on Friday med increased to 225mg a day and I feel anxious sad and have had to take diazepam 2mg to stop the anxiety. Feel free to message and remember your not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.