Feeling low again...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I've been feeling really low recently, it comes and goes. Today I've already had lots of ups and downs!  It depends on how busy I am I guess.

I've been on citralopram for 7 months (40mg for about 5 months) which has helped me so much and after a long wait had my first talking therapies session on Friday, my anxiety was very high before and during the session and I'm now constantly thinking about things.  Due to holidays of the therapist and then half term my next session is in three weeks which feels like forever away.  I'm guessing the talking therapy has triggered stuff that I think I've managed to block with the antidepressants and that I know I'm going to have to talk about.

I just felt the need to write this down as I don't have anyone to talk to.  At the moment it is just my husband (who I can't talk to about it as he doesn't understand why I'm depressed!), my Doctor and now the talking therapist and whoever reads this who knows about my depression! 

A bit of a blabbering message but feel the need to express myself to people who will understand.

Thanks if you've read this. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

RayLou,

morning to you. I'm here to listen of u want?

how old r u?

where r u from?....,,,,

im in the same position, low, miserable very depressed, was on Sertline and was doing ok so I then eventually came off them, well I was ok for abit and now hit a brick wall, and now I'm worse than previous. Does that make sense?!. I went to see a GP who fobbed me off with crap excuses about ssri I didn't want to go back onto Sertline I wanted to try somthing else?

its hard, when all r at school and partner at work I crave to talk but when there home I think god shut up!!!!!!!!!!.

good luck I need it to....

• Posted

Hi Shelly

Thank you for replying.  Sorry you are feeling low too, I've only been on citralopram, not very clued up on other medicines.  I wonder why you're Dr didn't suggest anything else!  My Dr has been great so I feel lucky there and the therapist seems nice too.

My youngest is 3 so goes to nursery so I'm not on my own for long and he keeps me distracted when he is home.  When his brother is home they fight so much it stresses me out!

Good luck to you too, it's good to know we are not alone and have other to chat to.

• Posted

p.s. I'm 43 (not sure when I got that old!) and live in near Newcastle.

• Posted

Hi RayLou, we understand exactly what you mean. Don't ever feel like you're on your own. Write things down when you feel low to get it out of your head, also show it to the therapist. When talking about yourself and the things that get to you it will bring on the anxiety at first because it's what has got you down. But after a few more sessions you will find yourself calming down to it. It will get better, but it does take time as you are finally letting go of everything. Keep your head up.

• Posted

Thank you for replying, my anxiety is feeling quite high again since Friday. I went out with school mums in the evening and didn't feel myself at all, I felt like I'd taken a huge step backwards and just wanted to go to bed.

I haven't written stuff down for a few months now, I have a book full of dark thoughts, should I take that to the therapist?  I bought a new notebook the other day and will start writing again as I feel like my brain is going to explode.

I feel like the therapy is going to take forever and part of me wants to get on with it and the other part wants to run away!

• Posted

Only share the book with her if you feel comfortable doing it Hun. I would suggest continue to writing just to get the thoughts out of your head. Take things one day at a time, and don't be hard on yourself. Do you go for walks? I find that also helps me to calm down, especially when negative thoughts are happening. X

• Posted

I think I might keep the book for a while as I've only met her once.  She was lovely and I feel quite happy talking to her but need to build up trust and confidence I guess.

Funnily the last time I went to the Dr he advised I go for walks, I said I'll ask a friend to go with me and he suggested it should be something for just me.  I'm so crap I still haven't been! I'm child free three days so must take some time for me and a walk sounds like a lovely freeing thing to do. x

• Posted

Do try and go for a walk Hun. If you're worried about doing it alone take your headphones and play music when walking.

You will get there, just take it slowly. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.