feeling low today.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all.

Having a low day today. It's the time of the month and I feel tired, dizzy, anxious and tearful. My last two periods have been abnormal. Usually I start and then am full on for about 5 days but it is now day three and not much is happening. I'm on hrt Elleste duet. Is this normal for periods to go like this on hrt?

Also does anyone get achy ribs and cramp on the side of the ribs?

Sorry but I'm just so fed up with peri.

Helen.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen

Oh dear sorry you are feeling like that. I thought that being on HRT was supposed to stop those symptoms. I too am on elleste duet (1mg). Only been on them 5 days so far so no difference noted yet.

I wonder if you need to higher 2mg dose...? How long have you been taking it?

Re achy ribs - yep!! sad Keeps me awake at night

Kind regards

Karen

• Posted

Hi Karen.

Thanks for the reply. I am on 2 mg of elleste and generally I am doing ok. I have been on them for three months. It has certainly helped with the joint pain. But when the period hits you really notice the mood change. The other thing I have noticed is that since being on hrt I have had a very painful foot. It is in the heel and it hurts mostly when I've been in my feet for a while. I looked at the side effects of elleste and fluid retention in the feet is the only thing I can come up with. I am going to the doctor on Monday so will mention a few things then.

I also take vitamin b6 and b12.

Hope you begin to notice a difference soon.I think you will do as another week or two pass.

Take care.

Helen. x

• Posted

Hello Helen,

Sorry you are having a low day, sounds like a pretty normal day in peri though. I have had mainly heavy periods but there was a month when it was really light, like it just couldn't get started. Best month out of several years. I think its all part of the change. I get cramps more now then I used to. No sore ribs but tons of indigestion and bowel issues. Like you, I'm sick of this! Good Luck and hope your day gets better.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Nancy. Yes indigestion and bowel issues certainly are part of my symptoms too. Constantly feel bloated and as if my bras too tight. Which it isn't.

Cramps occasionally happen in my legs at night as well as a numbing feeling.

We have to just plod on don't we and hope that it will end soon.

Thanks again.

Helen. x

• Posted

Hi Helen I started using magnesium sulphate 'better you' for night times, you spray it on yr legs and it stops the night cramps, works wonders for me and I seem to sleep benter smile x
  • Posted

I'm not sure as not on HRT but my periods are a bit like that. Some months I miss completely and other times I bleed for 3-4 weeks, a couple of heavy days and the rest just spotting and red/brown sludge 😩 Other months periods are really really heavy.  It's awful isn't it. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Cami.

It certainly is awful hun. Us women have to go through a lot.

We shouldn't have eaten that apple!!

Helen.

• Posted

Hi Helen..I was having the same kind of days..just  low and feeling nervous too. It will pass - I try to re direct my thoughts of nervousness and remind myself they are just feelings and emotions..the more I feed into it the worse it gets so if I don't give it a lot of attention is usually passes. Good luck !!!
  • Posted

Aww Helen im sorry for you I hope you feel better soon. You mentioned achy ribs and cramp on sides. I been having that on my upper left side in rib area. 
    • Posted

Hi Donna.

Yes it is uncomfortable at times especially when you want to sleep. Hope you get some relief soon.

Helen. x

• Posted

Hey helen I was wondering do you have the achy ribs and ctamo at nite? Does it ever bother you through out the day at all?
    • Posted

Hi Donna.

I don't seem to get it through the day no. However I was sat watching tv earlier and my right leg started to feel odd around the calf. It didn't turn into cramp but felt like the start of it. My ribs tend to ache at night and I've noticed that my upper tummy under the ribs gets tender too.

Is this the same for you?

Helen. x

• Posted

Hi Helen ,

So far I haven't had that but who kbows its always something. I have bad anxiety and having these different pains naturally makes me think the worst. I'm not the type that goes to the doctor often.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.