Feeling never really stops

Posted , 9 users are following.

im 18 and i have a job and my future is set to go to uni with ucas all completed but with all this i still feel the same. i wake up every morning still with same feeling of wanting to die. my parents kicked me out a couple weeks ago because they said i was a problem but i have new family that i live with now and ive adjusted to it. But i get too nervous to see doctors or therapists or anyone. i spent most doing productive activities like running or making art or working but it still doesnt seem to get rid of this want to die. I dont have any close friends i can talk to and im probably just gonna end up commiting suicide if I feel like this any longer. does anyone have any suggestions on what i can at least try and do

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi jazz23,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

• Posted

I don't feel you should be backed into a corner, if you don't want to go to uni you must say. It may be the worst mistake you make. Do what is right for you. Then you'll feel happy. I wish you luck.

• Posted

hi ,i have had this feeling all my life , since i was18 years old apx. really, i am a 50 year old woman n its been a real struggle . don't know what to do anymore except keep going .

I suffer trauma and anxiety at home, from a young age.

i could never get my thoughts together to say it to a dr. or a mother , as she like to hide any thing to do with depression, she would make me worse, so i hid it . its an awful feeling . I can only see what it is now, and u are lucky your still a young and mature enough who can explain it , i was too afraid of it all, and what would happen, I had no one that cared enough to try and help only family that put themselves first. made feel worse by their selfish behaviours. I just wanted to reply ,that there is hope, its my first post but am a long time follower. I wish u well in your recovery

• Posted

hi, im 18 and also preparing to go to uni, and i feel the same. My happiness is temporary and i always go back to a feeling of dread about school and life and i feel really depressed.

we will get through these tough times, remember you have your whole life ahead of you. try to stay positive!

Dylan

• Posted

Hi hope you are OK and that was a nice reply when you are struggling too. Please understand that once you get to uni there are so many people, clubs, events that you can join you will not be alone unless you really want to be. It will be different. Sad, lonely and hard at times but there are so many wonderful things ahead of you. Uni is not fantastic for everyone but as my son who is in his 2nd year said, I don't want to be here but if I want to do the job I am interested in doing have no choice. So he just gets on with it, doesn't go clubbing, has a couple of like minded friends who spent time together and doesn't try to be the life and sole of the party which is what a lot of new students feel they have to do to be in with the crowd and then get drunk and do stupid things and then get upset etc etc. Also accept that the first term will be hard you are thrown together with people you don't know and are expected to become friends with, you probably won't find a real friend until second term, my son didn't but it will work out if you want it to. Please take care and realise that there is always someone to talk to x

• Posted

I don't think you should go to university actually. For now aim lower. Millions of people have these deceptive thoughts but don' t trust them. Start learning to be more humble and lower your expectations from life, work for now on being content with very little and just take 1 day at a time

• Posted

Mate, first thing to do is recognise that you are not alone. Think of depression as an illness like measles or even just a cold,there are remedies out there. You really MUST seek help from your GP in the first instance & take it slowly, you obviously have ambition to go to University so don't let this b*****d of an illness dictate your life. Good luck my friend.

• Posted

You need to consult with your family about your problem and you also need a medical professional to get out from this situation, don’t feel sad to express your feeling and thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.