Feeling odd again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sorry girls I've not been on the forum for a while.  I thought i was doing ok but about two months ago i became bloated as usual before my period was due even though ive only had 3 this year, but my bloatedness has not gone down and my clothes feel so tight i'm very uncomfortable.  Since Friday I've felt sort of dizzy in my eyes not my head.  I thought i was doing so well but i have a fear of the horrendous time i had for 2 years solid when i started in this bloody peri.  Sorry to moan but you know us peri's have to have a bit of a feel sorry for ourselves time dont we.  love to all xx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I could have written this. I have anxiety most of the time but perimenopause has sent it through the roof. Can't sleep due to worrying about what could be causing the bloat, gas and indigestion. Mine started just before period (first in 3 months) and it hasn't gone down. I have lost weight but jeans feel tight due to distention of the waist as well as bloated abdomen. I am having an ultrasound to check things out but am hoping it is just perimenopause. Anxiety is a big part of perimenopause. We are not prepared because we only hear about hot flushes and night sweats. My abdomen feels okay in the morning but as I eat (even small portions) it swells and tightens. I am exploring anxiety reducing options but don't want to take SSRIs. I find being around family and friends helps as well as praying and going too Church (am a Christian). I too have experienced the dizziness and my eyesight isn't as good. It is an anxious time. Would be nice to have been prepared. So much support for health conditions but not so for perimenopause. Am glad for forums like this.
    • Posted

hi laura thank you so much for your reply i appreciate it feel better for knowing im not alone with this horrid symptom.  I think my anxiety started when i became so ill with peri but didn't know what was happening to me at the time.  Your so right were not at all prepared for all this, its a shock isnt it .My abdomen swells at the smallest thing i eat and i only eat very little.My eye sight is also a worry but i think its all part of this peri .  Let me know how you get on with your ultrasound i hope your'll be ok.  Its a waste of time going to my GP he has no time for peri women so i've stopped going. keeping going laura we'll get through it somehow.  sending you a comforting hug and speak soon x 
    • Posted

Thank you Anxious Face. I forgot to ask if you have been tested for Celiac? Perimenopause can have a tendency to bring that on. It is scary having so many symptoms suddenly without an explanation. It is reassuring though to learn that others are going through this due to perimenopause and we're not alone. GPs don't understand perimenopause I don't think. Thank you for your kind words. I will pray for hearing for you. xo
    • Posted

I meant healing (not hearing)
    • Posted

laura sorry i havent replied back until now but i got an horrendous headach and its only just cleared.  No I've not been tested for Celiac and to be honest i went through so many tests in 2012 & 13 when this all started and i didn't know what was happening to me which was so stressful waiting for an appointment then waiting for results that i don't want to go through anymore tests unless i really have to. take care and speak soon x 
  • Posted

Dear anxiousface , should be my name by the way !!! You moan away ,I have done my fair share over the last few days ,think it goes like this ,I had months of quite light periods in comparison to what I had been having and PMS not so severe , then last month PMS from hell and heavy period again ,just when you think there may be some light at the end of the tunnel ,it goes pear shaped again ,as does my stomach !!! 
    • Posted

hi sarah so i didn't get back to you but had a bad headache until earlier today. Yes i've been a bit like you i've not had a period for months but always get the PMT then when i do get one its heavier than i'm used to and severe PTM just like i had as a teenager. You made me laugh about your stomach going pear shaped thats just how mine is (biggest pear you've ever since) take care x
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are not doing so well. Since I have been in menopause my anxieties and moods have been up and down like a roller coaster, with a lot of stomach problems feeling dizzy tired not myself at times 

I can't take a lot of meds because of my stomach problems 

its a never ending story

• Posted

hi susan thanks for your reply so i didn't get back to you but had a bad headache.  Perhaps our stomach problems & dizziness are linked to anxiety although i've always has stomach problems with IBS and its just got worse.  I too can't take a lot of meds with an ultra sensitive stomach. Yes its never ending suasan i agree.  take care x
    • Posted

Tell me about it. I cut the Trazodone down to not 12.5. mgs because a large dose is way to much i am still on my ativan 1 mg in the morning and at dinner and a 1/2 mg at bedtime with my trazodone. 

I just can't do a lot of meds either I don't even do over the counter meds

• Posted

I have heard that things like this will happen. I certainly had huge bloating. I changed my diet a lot. Even now, I don't eat vegetables or fruit the day before my period starts. It just gives me diarrhoea.

I hope you become fine, glad the periods are spacing out now.

• Posted

thanks for your reply jennifer.  I something think if i give up thats good for me perhaps my stomach will feel better.  I know some fruits dont agree with me and some veg which i avoid in fact i avoid so much different foods that i live off the same old boring bland nibbles and cant manage a whole meal.  Yes my periods are random so hope they'll come to end soon.  take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.