Feeling of a lump in my throat GARD?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been feeling that there is permanently a lump in my throat. I have been on anti Acid reflux meds for 4 months and it hasn't helped much. My ENT about 2 months ago put a camera through my nose and down my throat and said that my throat is swollen and prescribed Nexium for 60 days. It improved a little but after a while the feeling of the lump increased. I went back to my ENT who once again put the camera down my throat and again my throat was swollen. She referred  me for a barium swollen which indicated that " relative stenosis of the GE junction which delayed  barium transit into the stomach" and " GOR present. I am still waiting for my ENT to phone and explain.  Has anybody had anything like this or could anybody shed some light on it. Thank you in advance  

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kristina I am sorry that I can't help you but maybe you can find someone on this web site that can what I had done of August of last year nissen fundoplication warp and I am going to have a redo fundoplication on 10-11-2017 with a new doctor for the doctor that did the the surgery was not in his office or he was book up so with my new doctor he is going to take down the warp repair my hernia for the warp that doctor did was way way to tight and that what give me the hernia clean up scar tissues make a new war put in a feeding tube which the doctor is going to remove three days post op and put a mesh in I like my new doctor very he is kind caring and take the time to really listen to his patients and I know he will put an en problem once and for all and I be the hospital for one week and then liquid then soft then back on a regular diet but I would not mind staying in touch so with that take care and I hope we talk soon very truly yours Leslie

• Posted

Hi Leslie, thank you for replying to me. I am so sorry that you are going through this, it sounds hectic. I will pray for your full and swift recovery ☺
  • Posted

Hi Kristina it nice to here from you and yes I will keep you posted on how my surgery went  I just be gald when it's is all over and i  can start really feeling better take care and let's talk soon very truly yours Leslie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.