Feeling of something stuck in the throat more than 2 weeks, need some help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been breathless for a month and o am feeling better now. From last 2 weeks i am feeling something is stuck in my throat. There is no pain. This feeling gets worse in afternoon with throat tightness. I can eat and drink well. When throat is tight i feel hard to breath aswell. I have blocked nose and sneezing. I have not lost weight and my hunger is normal. This sensation is so annoying. Please need some hlep what to do?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a doctor ? If you have and they cant see any obvious reason then it could be systemamtic of anxiety or worry
    • Posted

Thanks for the suggestion. I went to see my GP twice, he said it looks ok! ... But im not feeling ok... Dont know what to do?
    • Posted

It does seem frustrating when a doc says its ok, but its because they can tell very quickly if there's an issue, and globus is so common and not at all serious. They could send you to ent, but most certainly they would say the same. Even on this site there are many with the same issue,all caused by anxiety
  • Posted

Its very normal, its called a globus sensation.  Your throat tightens when anxious so we become aware of the normal mucas drainage at the back of the throat. it then doesnt take long to then become fixated on it. Ive had it for over a year, worse sometimes than others, feels very much like excess mucas or something stuck, but it never is
  • Posted

Ok so if 2 doctor have looked then there is likely to be no infection, they will proably have done oxygen saturation test to ensure you get enough oxygen in and there no blockages.

have you swallowed anything that may have irritated your throat ? Do you have an pain around the eyes ( sinuses )  as blockages here can sometime make you feel the way you do? 

• Posted

Sometime i feel pain in front head and on eyeballs, i have often blocked nose. This sensation is so annoying. Any medication for this sensation?
    • Posted

A simple decongestant can help with sinus problems, or a doc can give antibiotics if its not clearing. Anxiety can mess with your sinuses too, everything contracts during anxiety,down to blood vessel level
    • Posted

Decongestant should be your first port of call and then see what happen from there
  • Posted

What are the symptoms of anxiety? Is it possible to seperate between anxiety or some throat problem like cancer?
    • Posted

They are different with everyone and for different reasons, talking with your Dr is probably the first stage, don't research it yourself as it gives you preconceptions that aren't helpful when the doc is trying to diagnose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.